[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taze

I think I know now why drop pods dropping right inside the CRAM shield.
I've noticed that all other pods burnt except 2 kind of pods:
1. silver delivery (from trading with merchants)
2. mechanoids drop pods (which tend to drop the closest to your available fortress door)

this happen to me just yesterday and the next it happen I will try to print screen the event

souless

Is there a way to set a group of Hydroponics Bays to grow the same thing, rather than having to click them one by one?

Katorone

I suspect this will be possible in A11 when the game allows you to copy bills as well as stockpile configurations.

mechi00

I like to ask if anyone else having a problem with Exotic Goods Trader comming to your base. Last year I had all other traders but exotic. Since its the only one who buy Art / clothes its very annoying - have in stock more than 20 statues but no trader to sell them. That happens almost in every mid game, same was in Alpha 9.

mechi00

Quote from: Canute on June 04, 2015, 06:34:56 AM
Random is random, and not so random like you want it.
for him.
Yeah the right trader is never coming when you need them.
And when you just sold your stock of Art/weapons/whatever the next similar trader comes next day and ask you why you don't got stuff
It is pretty annoying, but this is a general problem at Rimworld and not just this mod.
I dont have this problem playing Vanilla game. Maybe because there are 2 more trading ships added in this mod, so the chance for Exotic is somehow lowered.

magnusl

Could you guys please make the mod more modular?
I really liked the ceiling lamps, which are not further developed in the main thread of the corresponding mod and dont work with alpha 10.
The superior crafting mod on the other hand has to many features in it for me which i dont want to have active all in parallel

Adamiks

Quote from: magnusl on June 04, 2015, 03:58:18 PM
Could you guys please make the mod more modular?
I really liked the ceiling lamps, which are not further developed in the main thread of the corresponding mod and dont work with alpha 10.
The superior crafting mod on the other hand has to many features in it for me which i dont want to have active all in parallel

They can create 100 versions of this mod or you just can delete everything and leave only ceiling lamps (thingDef).

XelNigma

I know its just a little thing, but must planks be so yellow?

I looked for the texture image in hopes that I could just replace it, but I have yet to locate it.
If its not a texture and just a hex number or somthing in a def file somewhere, can I ask where I might locate it to make it slightly more brown/tan?

nmid

Quote from: XelNigma on June 06, 2015, 01:10:12 AM

I looked for the texture image in hopes that I could just replace it, but I have yet to locate it.
If its not a texture and just a hex number or somthing in a def file somewhere, can I ask where I might locate it to make it slightly more brown/tan?

haha, I feel like I have a GOLD plated version of everything :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

XelNigma

Quote from: nmid on June 06, 2015, 01:11:47 AM
Quote from: XelNigma on June 06, 2015, 01:10:12 AM

haha, I feel like I have a GOLD plated version of everything :D

One of the mods I have on also adds gold flooring, which is pretty much the exact same color.  While I have no intrest in having a golden room, I feel like I could make one... with wood planks.

nmid

lol.. yea, I saw that mod too and I have it.

Haven't needed to build anything gold-plated or made of gold yet :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

souless

Any hope of making windowed walls to allow daytime light into rooms?
Perhaps there could be just holed walls, counts as indoors, but matches outdoor temp (like Vents do), then after Crafting I, allow building windowed walls and windowed conduit walls (each use 1 glass).

And perhaps, after Crafting II and Agriculture II allow walls made entirely of Glass, for that Greenhouse look ;-)

nmid

Quote from: souless on June 07, 2015, 04:04:57 AM
Any hope of making windowed walls to allow daytime light into rooms?
Perhaps there could be just holed walls, counts as indoors, but matches outdoor temp (like Vents do), then after Crafting I, allow building windowed walls and windowed conduit walls (each use 1 glass).

And perhaps, after Crafting II and Agriculture II allow walls made entirely of Glass, for that Greenhouse look ;-)
You could make one variation of a wall, that allows light through, by just messing around with the .xml files.
the texture would need some work though.

Cefwyn

Loving the mod, there are just a few kinks left. One tiny issue is the spelling in several descriptions - takes the immersion away.
As a start, you could replace the description text of the Sabre Fortress Shield (under \SCA10Core\Defs\ThingDefs at the bottom of the file 'Buildings_Security') with:
   <description>By refocusing the primary coil system into a vertical configuration the shields range can be extended. While lacking the Sabre's Fire Supression mode it covers a larger area and gains the ability to disrupt the avionic systems of DropPods, causing them to crash with terminal velocity.</description>

There may very well be mistakes in my text as well - nobody is perfect  ;)

Delekhan

Abrexus, come back for Alpha 11, we miss you and your Husky!