[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeavageCleaver

In the next version, would it be possible to add a sentence about how draggable tables behave to their description? As part of the Ultimate Overhaul mod pack, I ran into confusion about "draggable" possibly meaning that it was a 1x1 table that you could build then later move somewhere else instead of it actually being click-dragged to any size. I'm sure not many people run into that, but a little blurb in the item description would help.

JesusKreist

As said there, you are the only person who has and/or had this description problem.
To my knowledge "dragable" is not a synonyme for "moveable" or "mobile". That you anticipated that behaviour is not a description flaw.

Katorone

Oh no, he's not the only one.  I was wondering the same thing when I loaded the mod for the first time.  But then I just tried it and found out what it did or didn't do.

JesusKreist

There's a difference between 'not getting what the description is meaning and asking in a forum to change that' and 'not getting what the description is meaning and testing what it does' ...

XelNigma

I thought it was pretty clear that by dragable table meant you could click and drag any size/shape you want.
In another game, say skyrim where you can pick up things and move them around, a dragable table would be one you could move by dragging. But seeing as in rimworld you cant move things I'm not sure where you would get that idea.

But thats just me.

nmid

Quote from: Katorone on June 11, 2015, 10:14:54 AM
Oh no, he's not the only one.  I was wondering the same thing when I loaded the mod for the first time.  But then I just tried it and found out what it did or didn't do.

Same here.
Takes all kinds and all types of mind-frames.
If I had tried it in a different state of mind, perhaps it would have struck me in a different way.

Let me give a similar example... when my colony was in the temperature control phase, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to get the LT Temperature Mod's industrial cooler to work. Not having used even the regular cooler, I didn't realise I had to have it sticking out the room, just like in real life.
I thought the exhaust vents + duct would take out all the hot air, leaving the room in which the industrial cooler perfectly cool. (Perhaps like a split AC!!!).
Was really pissed and the intro image on the thread didn't clear it up for me either.

Next day, I played again, and found the 'proper' way to set it up.

Both ways still make sense to me now, depending on how I look at it.

Now can we drop the topic and get to pestering all the mod creators to get their mods updated to A11 :D

(Still playing my 1st colony, day 60 in A10, after I last played A4... I gradually grow this 'test' colony learning one aspect of the overhaul mod, before moving to the next one.. organically growing and learning concepts one by one. Like fiddling with xmls, making my own invisible conduits/ducts.. changing floors to have different move speed, so I spend as much time with the xmls as I do playing the mod! :D )
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Katorone

That's very familiar!  I had the same issue.  But after testing it a bit and sleeping on it, it just made sense, make a temperature controlled room and then distribute the controlled air through the base.
My biggest issue was understanding how temperature actually works in RimWorld and the effects of the outside temperature.  Though I haven't yet succeeded in making a complex system that's self regulating.

For instance, the exhausts of all cooling solutions being collected in a single area, which then gets temperature controlled through vents connected to the outside.  This so there isn't actually any "outside" area needed inside or connected to the base.  Heat waves mess this up badly, and cold snaps disable the cooling so there isn't any heat generated. :D

Sadly, it's also this complexity that sometimes makes me hold off on testing stuff, specially when playing a non-basebuilding game.  I have yet to try out the belt system because I'm unsure how it works and it's power requirements, and I've already discovered multiple ways of doing item transportation/optimization in other ways/mods.

Abrexus

Contrary to popular belief I was not kidnapped by aliens!  I'm working on the update for Alpha 11, and hope to have it out for the weekend!

Cheers everyone!

akiceabear

Quote from: Abrexus on June 11, 2015, 10:50:32 PM
Contrary to popular belief I was not kidnapped by aliens!  I'm working on the update for Alpha 11, and hope to have it out for the weekend!

Cheers everyone!

Overwhelmingly pleased to hear this!

XelNigma

Honestly, rimworld just isnt rimworld with out Superior Crafting.

Ramsis

Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

d3mons

hey when is the update for alpha 11 coming ?
because rim world without superior crafting, and ppc isnt rimworld.....

Ramsis

Quote from: d3mons on June 12, 2015, 09:36:13 AM
hey when is the update for alpha 11 coming ?
because rim world without superior crafting, and ppc isnt rimworld.....

He'll get there when he gets there. Abrexus is the kind of man who doesn't just rush things, which is why we all love his mod so much. He'll breathe quality into every little nook and cranny and after testing the hell out of it finally post it.

Also let the record show that after the line provided below anyone asking him for an ETA on his mod being updated will be getting back handed by me; let him work.

________________No asking about updates past this line_____________________Under risk of Backhand_______
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~