[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prototype2001

There is massive lag when trying to interact with items. When i right click on items to prioritize them, the game freezes up and then for a sec and then the frame rates drop to less then 1. It only started happening 36 days from start, sitting with 10 colonists. Feels like there is a massive error spam going on in the background when i try to prioritize.

Also a bug i found: Had 1 sculptor's table with 1 sculptor with art priority set to 1, i recruited a prisoner and he had 4 art priority which somehow he overtook the sculpting position, i removed his art priority to get my original sculptor back working but i couldn't interact with the sculpting table, had to build a new one as the original one was locked to the guy that took over.

Edit: reloading the game to a 10 minute earlier save and there is no lag when interacting with objects.

mrofa

Lag is partialy our fault and we are thinkering on it .... ,sculuptor stuff is vanilia stuff so its vanilia fault.

Other part of the lag seems to be beoucouse of mutitude of crafting tables(my theory), did test the stuff for 2h already, so unfortunately its also a vanilia thing and we cant fix it :/

Edit:
This might also be a fault of some other mods your using.

If you can when you get the lags, do a save, go into game folder\RimWorld834Win_Data\ and send us output_log.txt
All i do is clutter all around.

prototype2001

Im using 3 mods Edb interface, prepare carefully, and this. The lag is only there when i right click on stuff to order prioritization, its also inconsistent as i don't have it anymore and im further along into the game.

Loki88

If I wanted to make a version of LED rope lights for my own use to be compatable with this, what SC research project would you recommend hiding the LED research behind?

tirramissu

Quote from: prototype2001 on July 03, 2015, 06:53:17 AM
Also a bug i found: Had 1 sculptor's table with 1 sculptor with art priority set to 1, i recruited a prisoner and he had 4 art priority which somehow he overtook the sculpting position, i removed his art priority to get my original sculptor back working but i couldn't interact with the sculpting table, had to build a new one as the original one was locked to the guy that took over.
There's an over-walk.
You need to make new guy finish his work, or you won't be able to get rid of unfinished thing.

• Build second table and order to build grand statue from gold;
  • Suspend work on first table;
  • new guy will finish work on second table and won't start new work;
  • Restart job on first table.

Dwarf Fortress allowed to assign specific worker on every post. Sigh.

P.S.: I miss water physics, pets, bone crafting (what you guys do with skeletons all around the map?!), digging, and so on...

TIP: Surviving beast pack attacks provides you not only meat for a whole year, but also enough leather to make stuff :)

josmow

on the subject of menu lag, it seems to gradually build up, whenever you restart RW it goes away. not sure what causes it but it always happens after playing for a while, but never right after a new game or loading a save.
Science might be an annoying b***h, but Magic is her slutty, drug-addicted cousin. Who enjoys screwing with your head.

^ warning! may contain ponies!

Abrexus

Quote from: Loki88 on July 03, 2015, 09:18:40 AM
If I wanted to make a version of LED rope lights for my own use to be compatable with this, what SC research project would you recommend hiding the LED research behind?

Colored lights would be my choice!

Abrexus

Update to v0703

Small change in jobdriver and workgiver code for the fire extinguisher to fix a few reported issues.

KooZ

I'm having trouble with the Organ Vat, my colonists won't produce organs on their own (I have bills ready for it) and when I try to micromanage always says: "Cannot extract OrganVat: Needs Materials" however I have plenty, pleeenty of Biomatter, is there another item I need?

---EDIT---
I figured the problem, there was another requesite on the bill, the crafter required 6 Medice skill, nothing a couple of battle didn't accomplish.

Abrexus

Added download link for Alpha 11b comparability.  Please note there are two versions currently of Superior Crafting.  Please make sure you are downloading the correct one for the version of Rimworld you are currently running.

TLHeart

that was a quick update to 11b.... I am so ready to start playing a relaxing game.

akiceabear

Thanks for the rapid update! Can you confirm if Miscellaneous V1.11.2 - Vanilla Enhanced works with A11B? I had very weird trader behavior when trying to run it - they showed up, but never set up a tent and never left!

Also, is Miscellaneous your mod? I assume so, given the direct link to a download...

Havan_IronOak

Newcomer to this mod but am loving it so far.

I do have a question about making plasteel bars (required for the thermal generator) It's not clear what tech is required to make them.

I've got Crafting to III
Construction to II
Power to III
Security to II

Still not seeing how to make plasteel bars.

kaptain_kavern