[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josmow

do you have the zombie apocalypse SC fix? its on the bottom of the first post.
Science might be an annoying b***h, but Magic is her slutty, drug-addicted cousin. Who enjoys screwing with your head.

^ warning! may contain ponies!

pop

Fix installation solved the problem. Thanks!

josmow

Science might be an annoying b***h, but Magic is her slutty, drug-addicted cousin. Who enjoys screwing with your head.

oreygami5501

Hello I would like to get permision to stream this on twitch and I am asking because I am geussing the streamers on the topic had to ask for permision. So please let me stream this!

Casazzo

Hiho

I am a big fan of your mod. I rate it as neccesary for an enjoyable gameplay.
I have a suggestion for a few balance tweaks. (I did them in my own little modpack, that is only released to friends, becaus of feedback from them and playing it myself). Please consider them for a future Version.

1.) Please change the building mats of the simple defensive towers to 100 steel bars to make up for their shortcomings.
2.) Please change the damage of the shotgun towers to 30 to make up for their short range.
3.) Please change the rate of fire description of the minigun towers to 15 to match the real burst size as defined in the xml-files.
4.) Please change the accuracy of the Sniper towers to 50/95/95/95 to make up for their slow rate of fire.
5.) Please change the building mats of the hydroponic garden to 10/10/10 (down from 20/20/20, that's too expensive)

After that let me thank you again for a great mod for a great game. I really enjoy playing rimworld with your mod as base and a few other mods for the functions.

Casi

erathia

It's already too easy, dont need thoses tweaks, for me at last..

Casazzo

It's not about easy or not (theese things are adjusted with other options, like storytellers or event-defs) it's about the inner balance of a mod.

mrofa

Hydrophonic is overpowered , you get massive growth boost and free sun light, the cost should be actually doubled or tripled.

All i do is clutter all around.

Abrexus

Quote from: oreygami5501 on July 16, 2015, 02:45:12 AM
Hello I would like to get permision to stream this on twitch and I am asking because I am geussing the streamers on the topic had to ask for permision. So please let me stream this!

Certainly you may stream this no permission needed!  Let me know when so I can watch!

josmow

Quote from: Casazzo on July 16, 2015, 11:30:01 AM
Hiho

I am a big fan of your mod. I rate it as neccesary for an enjoyable gameplay.
I have a suggestion for a few balance tweaks. (I did them in my own little modpack, that is only released to friends, becaus of feedback from them and playing it myself). Please consider them for a future Version.

1.) Please change the building mats of the simple defensive towers to 100 steel bars to make up for their shortcomings.
2.) Please change the damage of the shotgun towers to 30 to make up for their short range.
3.) Please change the rate of fire description of the minigun towers to 15 to match the real burst size as defined in the xml-files.
4.) Please change the accuracy of the Sniper towers to 50/95/95/95 to make up for their slow rate of fire.
5.) Please change the building mats of the hydroponic garden to 10/10/10 (down from 20/20/20, that's too expensive)

After that let me thank you again for a great mod for a great game. I really enjoy playing rimworld with your mod as base and a few other mods for the functions.

Casi

only have a few minutes to type this before i head out to work, however.

1) the basic sentry turret (or manned turret?) has a much higher damage than any gun you have when you would consider using them. and can lay waste if placed properly. the costs of things is to prevent a small colony from just creating a wall of these and absolutely obliterating anything that shows up.

2) to me at least, manned and auto turrets are meant more as a backup or secondary damage source. sure, hiding a shotgun turret behind a wall to blast at something's back is extra damage, (and given inaccuracy, possibly a very dangerous threat to yourself) but it is not designed to be a game ending device. yes, its a shotgun, but game play overrides logic in this case. you can make a base with a ton of shotguns guarding the doors against everything and just win the game.

3) well yes, its a description, human error happens. you can look under the i tab and see the actual stats.

4) see #2

5) like mrofa said, they are self contained food spewing monsters. if you have power, you have food. that comes at a cost, and should not be a total growing zone replacement.

** This is my OPINION and does not reflect Abrexus or mrofa or their ideas. **

Casazzo

Quote1) the basic sentry turret (or manned turret?) has a much higher damage than any gun you have when you would consider using them. and can lay waste if placed properly. the costs of things is to prevent a small colony from just creating a wall of these and absolutely obliterating anything that shows up.

2) to me at least, manned and auto turrets are meant more as a backup or secondary damage source. sure, hiding a shotgun turret behind a wall to blast at something's back is extra damage, (and given inaccuracy, possibly a very dangerous threat to yourself) but it is not designed to be a game ending device. yes, its a shotgun, but game play overrides logic in this case. you can make a base with a ton of shotguns guarding the doors against everything and just win the game.

I dont know your playstyle, but in my games with SC (i play without savescumming like an ironman mode) i sparely use personal weapons and rely mostly on turrets behind embrasures for base defense. My pawns carry shotguns (for in base defense in case of suprise-drops) and one carrys a sniper rifle (for hunting and siege-situations). The gattling tower is a very powerfull mid- and close-range defense.

DaemonDeathAngel

What you could do, and Abrexus can't really stop you, is simply change the values yourself, then you will realize how broken it I with your suggestions, and understand why they wouldn't make the mod better.

Casazzo

Oh, i already did that. And it's not more or less broken than before. The towers still trump everything you can carry, but i always thought, that was intended.

Only thing changed is, that the towers are now balanced with the other towers and the gattling tower is'nt the only viable choice.

The hydropod is debateable. At the point you can build lots of them with sufficient power you should not have any food problems left anyway.

Anyhow: I did not want to start a fight. I just wanted to suggest some changes i saw making a positive impact. No offense intended.

DaemonDeathAngel

I had tried it, and it does have an impact, it makes it far more simple. Though, I play on Randy Random Extreme with the zombie mod as well.

mokonasakura

I have a lot of mods installed so i'm not sure if this is your mod but if it is could you make it so the torches had an auto rearm option like traps do instead of having to manually place them down after they go out? Less of a chore to do, more reason to use them.