[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaemonDeathAngel

Superior crafting makes the game too easy? You've lost you mind. I've been playing with superior crafting since shortly after getting rimworld, and it adds much more depth to the game than vanilla has. The research tree actually makes sense, unlike Vanilla. I play with Randy Random on Extreme, and the Zombie Apocalypse mod, and that makes things a challenge for me.

I haven't found much issue with the turrets, because if you only have three colonists, even if you were to build full Gatling turrets, they will get by them and hit your colonists, causing them to no longer fire.

prototype2001

I play on Cassandra extreme (which is much harder then randy, http://i.imgur.com/ek8m5b3.jpg typical raid size of 100+, all get slaughtered) w. just this & Edb for UI. I didn't say anything about depth or research, they have nothing to do with the points i brought up.  You also start with 3 colonists, not sure what number of colonists have to do with anything, gatlings have insane accuracy, so them hitting your colonists means you have colonists infront of the barrel thats your problem. If the pawn manning the turrents gets hit, simply tell him to get back to firing the turrent. Getting side-tracked here, let me re-instate my point since you completely missed it.

Turrents add firepower, god-mode(Cheating level) level firepower comparing to vanilla turrent.

Casazzo

QuoteTurrents add firepower, god-mode(Cheating level) level firepower comparing to vanilla turrent.

qft. But i think, the author of the addon saw this himself already. His first fix was to reduce burst size from 30 to 15, which is much better, but still. They are still op. Op to the other turrets and op to the game, as long as the 11b-bug with melee attacking mobs isnt fixed. After this bug is fixed, their short Range will be balanced by enemys using snipers etc.

prototype2001

QuoteHis first fix was to reduce burst size from 30 to 15, which is much better, but still.

I think I'm playing on v0704 the only difference i notice when reading the front page is you cannot longer extract biomatter from rotten corposes, where is the change listed for 30 to 15 burst nerf? Now im interested in updating.

Der_Doodle

Can it be that those embraced Walls (those you can shoot through) are some kind of "I win button"
Still new to playing the game in a modded version and I am currently testing this mod out (so far I am at lvl 3 of the different crafting tree lines only).

I built a small bunker completly surrounded with a door from those "shooty" walls and so far every single raid is well... free stuff.
The enemys dont shoot back against my colonists behind those walls. they just run around the bunker to attack some stuff far behind it in my base and my guys kill them all.
Not sure about those Rocket Launcher guys since so far they all died before they where in range (i make them a priority) maybe they shoot my bunker and might damage my guys but appart of that... nothing. I havent even build a single tower so far.

ci

Der_Doodle

Quote from: ci on July 24, 2015, 02:26:35 PM
how to use devilstrand raw in this mod?
same as raw cotton.. use a loom to make cloth (devilstrand cloth)

and you can use steel + raw devilstrand to make plaststeel

mrofa

All i do is clutter all around.

micaelrm

Hi. Nice mod. Can u add a poll to ask if the people want all the feacture of the mod or in modules lke i do.
Thanks.

prototype2001

Why "ceiling lamp" taking up storage space?

thefinn

Would love to see some kind of droid (et al mechanical defense).

Love playing with this mod, it's great.

mathwizi2005

TBF, I'd rather have Mech Defense 2 integration then new droids

Der_Doodle

Are personal Shields changed in this mod?
It seems I can not wear an Armor West and a Personal Shield at the same time anymore (I am pretty sure I could in vanilla)

Not sure if Shields are really worth it now... yes you dont get shooting damage... but you take a lot more meele damage suddenly.

OwlPaste

My visitors dont seem to leave and try to find some unknown location. I am using SC + SC misc + interface + Prepare carefully + darkness mods. Nothing else. Happens with both traders and visitors...

Gonna somehow have to kill these guys as they keep looting my fridge and never leavel :(

[attachment deleted due to age]

ChiefSlapahoe

Der_Doodle, Try the hardcore mod pack. It has this plus Combat Realism which changes that, and while they're still good you can still be killed in them and targeted properly.