[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seefo

Quote from: OwlPaste on July 27, 2015, 06:00:42 PM
My visitors dont seem to leave and try to find some unknown location. I am using SC + SC misc + interface + Prepare carefully + darkness mods. Nothing else. Happens with both traders and visitors...

Gonna somehow have to kill these guys as they keep looting my fridge and never leavel :(

I had this issue with Misc full.  I think if you use "Misc. - Vanilla enhanced", it doesn't happen though.   

OwlPaste

Quote from: Seefo on July 28, 2015, 12:25:23 AM
Quote from: OwlPaste on July 27, 2015, 06:00:42 PM
My visitors dont seem to leave and try to find some unknown location. I am using SC + SC misc + interface + Prepare carefully + darkness mods. Nothing else. Happens with both traders and visitors...

Gonna somehow have to kill these guys as they keep looting my fridge and never leavel :(

I had this issue with Misc full.  I think if you use "Misc. - Vanilla enhanced", it doesn't happen though.

Oh nice thanks, will do!

Der_Doodle

Since it seems my earlier question got lost here it is again:

Does Superior Crafting Mod changes the way Personal Shields are handled? (since they cant be used in combination with a Tribal Cloth, Armor Vest or anything else that uses the middle clothing layer)
And is this a bug or cause of balancing reasons that now where you could craft shields and powerarmors your meele squad might be to invulnerable?

2nd Question (most likely I found a bug)
Is it by design that those Walls that have a build in power conduit do not get any HP upgrades when you research additional levels of construction? Cause this makes them basicly useless then. They cost the same materials as a normal wall + power cable.

3rd) Another bug?
At the beginning of a new game I can grow every possible plant in a growing zone not only the restricted list. Even without Agriculture I or Crafting 2 or medizin I can grow Xerigium, Cotton, Corn etc.

josmow

Quote from: Der_Doodle on July 28, 2015, 04:47:40 PM
*snip*
2nd Question (most likely I found a bug)
Is it by design that those Walls that have a build in power conduit do not get any HP upgrades when you research additional levels of construction? Cause this makes them basicly useless then. They cost the same materials as a normal wall + power cable.

3rd) Another bug?
At the beginning of a new game I can grow every possible plant in a growing zone not only the restricted list. Even without Agriculture I or Crafting 2 or medizin I can grow Xerigium, Cotton, Corn etc.

believe the conduit wall is that was because the conduit cant be blown out of it, if you lay a power conduit under a normal wall, it can still be destroyed. where as the conduit wall has to be completely destroyed before power loss.

as for the mod specific stuff, make sure superior crafting is the last thing you load, and try starting a new world with the mod enabled when its being generated (i'm sure it can inject itself, but why force it to?) or even just try to make a new colony on the same world.
Science might be an annoying b***h, but Magic is her slutty, drug-addicted cousin. Who enjoys screwing with your head.

^ warning! may contain ponies!

mrofa

Sc dont change how shields work

Thing with walls is prapobly a bug

Growing everything might be a conflict with another mod, did just tested and the stuff i can grow is limited.
All i do is clutter all around.

Der_Doodle

I am pretty sure that I could use a Personal Shield and a Armored Vest in Vanilla...
With Superior Crafting atleast Personal Shields are blocking the middle clothing layer.

Sigh... I have to rip apart all my conduit walls now and go back to normal wall + power cable... those are nearly twice as stable.
And I have never seen anything destroying a Power Cable under a wall except the Overload ZZZzt Event.
But still that risk is better then loosing nearly a 3rd of the walls health for build in cables.

Edit:
I just rechecked in my Vanilla Colony without any mods it is definitly possible to use a Personal Shield and a Power Armor or Armor Vest.
In Superior Crafting it cant be done anymore.

Othobrithol

I'm not a fan of conduit walls either but I can verify that explosives and fire both can and do on occasion damage conduits. I often end up using them on the interior side of a double thick perimeter wall, or inside the base as a matter of convenience. I noticed that in the defs both conduit and lighted walls use "walls" as the parent class instead of "scwalls" so I wonder if maybe swapping that might cause the coding to upgrade those as well. I'll try that next colony.

And yes, I can confirm that in the defs that SC personal shields occupy "middle" whereas in vanilla they occupy "accessory". In addition they are slightly weaker, recharge slightly slower, worth far less but include a craft recipe. I've never bothered to look to see which table (if any) can make them, since the raids inundate you with them.

The change is rather easy if you want to do it. Just go to Rimword/SC11Core/Defs/ThingDefs/Apparel_Shield.xml and replace the lines that read:
<layers>
      <li>Middle</li>
</layers>

with
<layers>
     <li>Accessory</li>
</layers>

Agree the growing everything from the start is likely a mod conflict.

Der_Doodle

Thanks will make those changes :)

Any idea wich of these mods migth interfere with superior craftinfs growing zone choices?
Edb mod order
Edb interface
Edb prepare carefully
Vein miner
Darkness (wich changes the ambient ligth levels only)

BMS

growing zone issue is not a new game but a new game after a new game - once i research everything then fail or fly off my next game has everything growable - if i delete everything and start over i cant grow "anything"
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

mrofa

Yehh thats a bug, but it can be fixed easy just by restarting game client.
All i do is clutter all around.

Der_Doodle

Is it possible to heal a "frail" torso with this mod?

I can heal a bad back or damaged spine but I found no way to heal some colonist who is "frail" :(

mathwizi2005

Quote from: Der_Doodle on July 29, 2015, 12:05:44 PM

I can heal a bad back or damaged spine but I found no way to heal some colonist who is "frail" :(

Some ideas were thrown around back in Alpha 9 and early 10 but nothing got set in stone.

Der_Doodle

Quote from: mathwizi2005 on July 29, 2015, 12:51:24 PM
Quote from: Der_Doodle on July 29, 2015, 12:05:44 PM

Dam... guess I have to be more picky when choosing whom to recruit and who not then. Just realised that I had about 7 Frail Colonists out of 40 when I finally reached Crafting IV in the hope to remove those with the Spine Replacement. Well :) for the next colony then :D

Some ideas were thrown around back in Alpha 9 and early 10 but nothing got set in stone.

mathwizi2005

Yea, currently the best you can hope for is to find a colonist to replace them or try to mitigate the issue with full movement bionics (both legs and arms)

BMS

Quote from: mrofa on July 29, 2015, 10:38:58 AM
Yehh thats a bug, but it can be fixed easy just by restarting game client.

ah yes i usually always give up and start over in the same setting - i havent tried closing and opening - but then again i like being able to grow everything when i start so now i know ;)
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.