[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dareddevil7

Quote from: Der_Doodle on July 29, 2015, 01:02:24 PM
Quote from: mathwizi2005 on July 29, 2015, 12:51:24 PM
Quote from: Der_Doodle on July 29, 2015, 12:05:44 PM
Is it possible to heal a "frail" torso with this mod?

I can heal a bad back or damaged spine but I found no way to heal some colonist who is "frail" :(

Dam... guess I have to be more picky when choosing whom to recruit and who not then. Just realised that I had about 7 Frail Colonists out of 40 when I finally reached Crafting IV in the hope to remove those with the Spine Replacement. Well :) for the next colony then :D

Some ideas were thrown around back in Alpha 9 and early 10 but nothing got set in stone.

The only real cure for frail would be to replace every bone in their body

dareddevil7

I take it this won't work with more mechcaniods?

Computica

It works fine with more mechs just have it after SC in your load order.

rexlord

mathwizi2005

Quote from: dareddevil7 on July 29, 2015, 08:52:22 PM
Quote from: Der_Doodle on July 29, 2015, 01:02:24 PM
Quote from: mathwizi2005 on July 29, 2015, 12:51:24 PM
Quote from: Der_Doodle on July 29, 2015, 12:05:44 PM
Is it possible to heal a "frail" torso with this mod?

I can heal a bad back or damaged spine but I found no way to heal some colonist who is "frail" :(

Dam... guess I have to be more picky when choosing whom to recruit and who not then. Just realised that I had about 7 Frail Colonists out of 40 when I finally reached Crafting IV in the hope to remove those with the Spine Replacement. Well :) for the next colony then :D

Some ideas were thrown around back in Alpha 9 and early 10 but nothing got set in stone.

The only real cure for frail would be to replace every bone in their body

More or less since this isnt a coding issue, a placeholder bionic could be used just for Frail but its better to have a sound idea behind it instead of crappy PHs since the other bionics are self-explanatory.

pigman999999999

rexlord

dareddevil7

some type of sub-dermal body armor would be sweet, but so would be synthetic hearts and having a second artificial heart in the even the original is shot

mathwizi2005

Quote from: dareddevil7 on July 30, 2015, 07:12:26 PM
some type of sub-dermal body armor would be sweet, but so would be synthetic hearts and having a second artificial heart in the even the original is shot

Its possible right now....but the problem is there isn't enough ailments to facilitate the need for bionic organs (or more to the point, they happen so rarely its not even work bothering)
But I'm sure once Cancers and diseases are added, via vanilla or in the mod, then the need for bionic organs will come with, and hopefully a full body health system will have been finalized (we are only at Alpha 11)

dareddevil7

Quote from: mathwizi2005 on July 31, 2015, 12:11:10 AM

Its possible right now....but the problem is there isn't enough ailments to facilitate the need for bionic organs (or more to the point, they happen so rarely its not even work bothering)
But I'm sure once Cancers and diseases are added, via vanilla or in the mod, then the need for bionic organs will come with, and hopefully a full body health system will have been finalized (we are only at Alpha 11)

yeah, But do you really need an excuse for implanted body armor?

Ember

not sure this has been asked and too lazy to go through the entire thread, but is there any way to regrow limbs for those that don't like bionic parts?

mathwizi2005

Quote from: dareddevil7 on July 31, 2015, 12:13:15 AM

Thats because currently, the heath system does nothing with damage mitigation in anyway, it would need a partial rewrite to call up armor methods. So currently, no. Eventually, yes.

dareddevil7

Quote from: mathwizi2005 on July 31, 2015, 12:13:24 PM
Quote from: dareddevil7 on July 31, 2015, 12:13:15 AM

Thats because currently, the heath system does nothing with damage mitigation in anyway, it would need a partial rewrite to call up armor methods. So currently, no. Eventually, yes.

ok, will just have to be fine with power armor that seems to randomly open up and invite enemy fire in for tea

Daketh

Hey folks!

I've been trying out a new ice-sheet game with SC (latest), and while it's crazy fun so far, I just noticed something in an attack of about a dozen tribespeople, many of whom have ranged weapons.

They never fired a ranged attack through my embrasures. Just melee attacked them. This didn't match what happened in A10 when I played with SC, so I'm wondering if it's a bug, and, if so, if anyone's figured out a fix.

Der_Doodle

Sometimes rarely they shoot through them and hit with nearly each shot but yeah mostly enemys ignore shooting and just meele the walls

On a site note how did you manage SC on an icesheet? Since hydropots need mulch and glass i never survive that long