[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daketh

A combo of things:

1. Got comfy with cannibalism. Didn't really see any other way to keep food up.
2. Got lucky with a massive cavern that had some exposed soil (and stone and perma-ice, too) when I heated it. Naturally found this when I was mining into a mountain to make a base.
3. Wind power seemed the quickest way to get heaters up and running. Steel was not too hard to find.

Even then, only one of my original colonists is still alive, and she lost both arms to raids at various points. I've been lucky to grow enough that we're at the Chemlab/Organ Vat/Smithing table level of tech finally, but it's been pretty hard, even then.

The other-side-of-the-map evil ship drop didn't help any, either. Eeesh.

JesterBlue

Ah Icesheet! Until we can use dead body as mulch, wood is perhaps the most important asset in the Icesheet.

1. Scout the map, look for a steel structure and deconstruct it for steel bar. will save you time to get that research table up and going.
2. Drag a huge growing are around the map to find a good patch of gravel for your farm, forget hydroponic. Gravel only have 60% grow but begger can't be chooser but keep the light and temp up as your plants are fragile.
3. Should not run low on stone and metal so trade, you'll never know when the trader return.
4. Compartmentalize your growing area so you won't lose all your crop when the wall break
5. [Exploit] Don't build wall. Stonewalls took tons of time to build so to have them quickly, lay down some blue prints and have your pawn deliver the resource to them, order the pawn manually so they deliver resource to all blueprints (they turn to building sites) when you see the roof formed, you now have a walless room with bitching insulation, build gradually when you have time (which you should have, plenty)

pieman7414

Sir_W_Scott

"Recruitment failed 1% chance"
Prisoner recruitment. What it feels like:
http://sketchtoy.com/66370283

The human meals doesn't help.
« By A Friend »

sensiman

i dont have an account in nexus mods and i am loath to make one,any other way?

DaemonDeathAngel

Quote from: Ember on July 31, 2015, 12:57:38 AM
not sure this has been asked and too lazy to go through the entire thread, but is there any way to regrow limbs for those that don't like bionic parts?

Organ vats regrows organs, not sure if it allows regrowth of body parts though. I might add that ability within my mod I am working on.

sigma1932

Not sure if this is intended or not (and I'm not reading through 73 pages to find out if it's been brought up before, so if it has, someone please enlighten me), but I've had to keep re-issuing orders for pawns to operate turrets over and over and over again if they so much as take a hit.

Pawns don't stop shooting with equipped ranged weapons, so it makes no sense for them to stop operating a turret without actually being knocked out.

DaemonDeathAngel

He's not the only one to have noticed that but I noticed the same happens with the mountable vanilla mortar as well.

Othobrithol

I've noticed this as well ever since Tynan overhauled the interrupt system with v11. Since vanilla does not include manned turrets other than the mortar (and that tends to be far behind defensive lines) it does make sense this would go mostly unnoticed.

Thorbane

Would it be possible to allow placement of doors and vents over walls?  Also is the source code available somewhere?

DaemonDeathAngel

The placement of doors and vents over walls was removed to save from the possibility of wasting resources, if I remember correctly. Abrexus contacted me recently about me play testing the new mod, but my internet has been down for a week and a half so I'm unsure what changes he has done since I last spoke to him.

Thorbane

Still would be nice to have if only during the blueprint stages.

Mechanoid Hivemind

For the embrasures can you use the textures from skully? or can you explain how to change it? I am not a huge fan of them no offence
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

DaemonDeathAngel

Changing them is quite easy. Simply go to the textures folder within the mod file, copy over the image, and make sure the file name is the same as the mods embrasure image.