[A11b] Superior Crafting: Kobayashi Maru! v0712

Started by Abrexus, March 26, 2015, 04:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FMJ Penguin

Guess I'll be the first to start begging for it.... Alpha 12 pretty pleeeeaaaasssseeee........

Seriously RW is sooooooo lame without this mod now... Thanks for fkin ruining vanilla RW for me you jerks......
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

V1rtua1An0ma1y

Can't wait to make an army of bionic rhinoceros  8)
Probably going to take a little while though.

Gr12zly

DaemonDeathAngel

As to my knowledge, from speaking to Abrexus, "Superior Crafting" specifically, will not be updated, as he is doing a complete reqork of the entire mod, under a new name, with a completely different direction.

Goo Poni

I guess it's time to find another pack of mods with some neat progression instead of just being a pile of mods mashed together. First TTM and now SC. What's the next one to be?

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: DaemonDeathAngel on August 23, 2015, 12:56:48 PM
As to my knowledge, from speaking to Abrexus, "Superior Crafting" specifically, will not be updated, as he is doing a complete reqork of the entire mod, under a new name, with a completely different direction.

If this is true, that makes me a very sad little puppy. I like the current mod, and am having a hard time adjusting to vanilla for A12.

Anyway, let's hope the new (and maybe even better?) mod will be out soon!

FMJ Penguin

Yep I keep trying to play A12 but finally said fk it and just went back to A11d. Now I'm working on killing errors in hopes of salvaging something from it for A12..... got rid of about 30 so far. But still a couple dozen to go yet. Hate fkin with other peoples mods ... soo  much of a pain but this one is worth it haha
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

Muramas

Couldn't someone else take the source and update it?

DaemonDeathAngel

Quote from: l2032 on August 23, 2015, 04:37:11 PM
Quote from: DaemonDeathAngel on August 23, 2015, 12:56:48 PM

If this is true, that makes me a very sad little puppy. I like the current mod, and am having a hard time adjusting to vanilla for A12.

Anyway, let's hope the new (and maybe even better?) mod will be out soon!

From what I have seen and gathered, the new mod is going to be quite a lot better than Superior Crafting.

Quote from: FMJ Penguin on August 23, 2015, 05:35:24 PM
Yep I keep trying to play A12 but finally said fk it and just went back to A11d. Now I'm working on killing errors in hopes of salvaging something from it for A12..... got rid of about 30 so far. But still a couple dozen to go yet. Hate fkin with other peoples mods ... soo  much of a pain but this one is worth it haha

Might want to contact Abrexus if you decide to try to release it for people to use, even if you are posting it within this thread.

Quote from: Muramas on August 23, 2015, 06:12:23 PM
Couldn't someone else take the source and update it?

Someone could, but whether or not Abrexus will allow you to release it is a different story.

Quote from: Goo Poni on August 23, 2015, 04:13:21 PM
I guess it's time to find another pack of mods with some neat progression instead of just being a pile of mods mashed together. First TTM and now SC. What's the next one to be?

Just wait for the new mod to be released, I've seen bits and pieces of it. And it already looks better than SC.

FMJ Penguin

Well from the looks of it, it would almost be easier to start from scratch entirely. Soo freekin much has been touched on and changed in A12 that it's more or less starting over anyways. Loads of stupid little naming changes which honestly, I don't even see the actual need for. So yeah... f-u modders... enjoy the extra bs you gotta go through to update everything. Sure what it looks like to me anyways bahahahah. Granted they're all easy changes but there are craploads of them. Thank god for np++'s autoreplace function.

Note to self....... never EVER create a mod during alpha lolz... fk I donno how modders have the patience to update all the time. Seriously.... have some cookies  ;D

Goo Poni

Quote from: DaemonDeathAngel on August 23, 2015, 06:36:07 PM
Just wait for the new mod to be released, I've seen bits and pieces of it. And it already looks better than SC.

I completely skipped A11 because of the idea of toxic fallout and such. A12 is taunting me with tamed geneered super wolves (wolves are awesome, see: eat a snickers holo).

So I have no mods to play except from whichever alpha that TTM was still a thing and my save on that is like four years in and runs SO BAD.

Pheanox

You skipped an alpha because you didn't like a random event that may never even happen to you?  I've never experienced a single toxic fallout event in my entire playtime and playtesting that was not triggered by devtools.

Patrykbono20

between alpha6 and probably the alpha 9 was not superior crafting has been with Alpha 6. Play could. So stop whining and wait for a new mod of Abrexus, yet we know that what he does is great.

Goo Poni

Quote from: Pheanox on August 24, 2015, 01:53:44 AM
You skipped an alpha because you didn't like a random event that may never even happen to you?  I've never experienced a single toxic fallout event in my entire playtime and playtesting that was not triggered by devtools.

I skipped A11 partially because of "yay, MORE events to try and kill me!" and partially because "meh". Burnt out somewhat on it.

thenightgaunt

Yeah. Rimworld just won't be the same until there's a "superior crafting" mod out for it. ^_^