Gun smithing in rimworld.

Started by Lordshotgun1, November 25, 2013, 01:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should there be the ability for skilled colonists to manufacture munitions in rimworld?

Yes
17 (70.8%)
No
0 (0%)
Simple ones
4 (16.7%)
No explosives
0 (0%)
All but explosives
3 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Lordshotgun1

Why can't a skilled colonist use a gun bench to construct weapons based on what they are holding or different benches for different weapons.
I think this would be cool as things like the real life lee-enfield is what certain forces in the middle east used before the ak-47 and they used them because they where simple for them to make when they had examples of them to copy. this kind of setup in the game would allow all non-science fiction weapons to be produced for people's space colonys and allow them to have further goods to trade without them having super advanced weaponry by the time one guy shows up with a pistol and gets owned.

This is my input to what I hope will be an awesome game when finished
And I feel I must admit I have yet to purchase it but intend to in the new year(christmas money)
Freedom is never free nor is it bought by ritches,it is fought for and paid for in blood.

Semmy

Welcome... And your suggestion nicely fits this topic.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Lordshotgun1

I do appreciate to have such warm a welcome
Freedom is never free nor is it bought by ritches,it is fought for and paid for in blood.

todofwar

Quote from: Semmy on November 25, 2013, 01:42:41 PM

Not sure I agree, that was addressing the issue (took me five tries to spell addressing) of winding up with too many guns. He is suggesting adding the idea to build guns. I like this idea personally, especially if guns could be modified to improve stats. Like you get a Lee-Enfield and up it's range and power. Of course, this is predicated on colonists not winding up with enough firepower to supply a battalion as easy as they do now.

Semmy

Quote from: todofwar on November 25, 2013, 01:59:42 PM

Not sure I agree, that was addressing the issue (took me five tries to spell addressing) of winding up with too many guns. He is suggesting adding the idea to build guns. I like this idea personally, especially if guns could be modified to improve stats. Like you get a Lee-Enfield and up it's range and power. Of course, this is predicated on colonists not winding up with enough firepower to supply a battalion as easy as they do now.

In the to many guns topic it has been suggested multiple times that you should be able to craft guns and break guns into pieces and construct new guns out of it. Sounds like a gunsmith to me (-;

But i am fully behind a gunbench gunsmith or whatever it will be called. Just the fact that i can use the 300 guns lying around for something would be nice.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Lordshotgun1

Quote from: Semmy on November 25, 2013, 02:02:09 PM
Quote from: todofwar on November 25, 2013, 01:59:42 PM

In the to many guns topic it has been suggested multiple times that you should be able to craft guns and break guns into pieces and construct new guns out of it. Sounds like a gunsmith to me (-;

But i am fully behind a gunbench gunsmith or whatever it will be called. Just the fact that i can use the 300 guns lying around for something would be nice.
I did't even consider the recycling factor of poor weapons, Great idea!