Visitors pay silver to booze and be merry

Started by RemingtonRyder, March 28, 2015, 05:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

Currently, visitors don't have much interaction when they stop by to visit the colony.

So I thought, why not let them buy your beer and get drunk?

ja7833

+1; great idea as part of an overhaul to the current trade system as a whole would also be another incentive to have a great cook/prepare Lavish Meals for when we can designate who gets what kind of food.  Prisoner: Nutrient Paste Meal, paying customer: lavish meals; colonist everything else (for example).
"Someone who is making anywhere from $300,000 to $750,000, that's middle class."  - Frederick Heineman

Keychan

I imagine that would have to implement a similar device such as a vendor, working like a Nutrient Paste Dispenser.  They would drop silver as they purchase the goods.  I'd would like something like an open trading stockpile, aside for the trade beacon, where visitors can come by and grab what they want from it, leaving silver in it's place.  Every successful trade, visitors buying leaving the map because I know people would abuse locking them into a room, would raise relations with their colony.  Hopefully this would somewhat solve my abandoned visitors problem where they live off my food supply and sleep on the ground.  They want in without work, they're paying for me goods then.

Since visitors will be needing to fulfill a 'fun' need this will make having taverns be a great idea.