Count to !UPDATED! 20,000 before Tynan posts!

Started by GamerGuy, March 28, 2015, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabor0shi

Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

Listen1

Kirby23590

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Listen1

Funny is that, since i'm colorblind, I hardly see a diference in these colors

dburgdorf

So, is this Pantone 7466, or just Bus tone 7466?
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

gipothegip

Quote from: mabor0shi on November 12, 2017, 05:42:04 PM
This is a picture of me and my big sister. Yes, all this time I have been a little girl.
I like kitty catters and pretty Rainbeaus and cuddly pink Kirbys, but I dont know what kuboleks or gips are because I am innocent.

Gipothegip wasn't supposed to mean anything, then somebody asked me once and I explained it wasn't meant to mean anything. It was just a random username my brother made up because I couldn't think of anything better (and the names I wanted were taken) for my PSN account.

Then I looked it up on Urban Dictionary (bad mistake) to see if there was a definition for a Gip, and most of the definitions aren't flattering. The most common definition is to retch or vomit, with gay hairy nipples for the plural (gips), as well as being an acronym for "get it pumped" and "gangster in peace".

It can also be shorthand of the term "Gypsie", which can be pejorative (actually, I had a dev pronounce gip with a "j" sound in a Q & A video, I'm hoping nobody else reads "gip" that way :o)

Gipo seems to be a name in some foreign languages. There's an Italian composer by the same name, and there are a lot of Gipo's on Steam. So at least that's not anything offensive  ;D

I honestly didn't intend "gipothegip" to mean anything back when I started using this username. It was just random gibberish. I suppose the acronyms for "gip" aren't so bad.

Should I feel bad that nearly half my posts are in the off topic section?

dburgdorf

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Kirby23590

Yes More LEGO! Wait... Is that discovery channel?

mabor0shi

gipo, I understand. I once chose a meaningless, arbitrary and random name. It stuck with me for years :(
Time for name origin stories?
I just needed a name for a offline Borderlands character a few years ago and I was listening to a band that overuses this word. I liked the way it sounds and my other name was taken by my other character. I never expected it to stick.
Kirby, let me guess: you like vacuums
dburgdorf: fan of Wilhelm Burgdorf, (former) Chief Adjutant to Adolf Hitler
Listen1: Beyoncé song from soundtrack to Dreamgirls

Cool Mod, Bro Everything in RimWorld doesn't have to be either brown or grey anymore: Now you can Pick a Color!

kubolek01

Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

marten

Kirby23590

Quote from: mabor0shi on November 14, 2017, 12:12:46 AM
Yes. How did you know?

RAWRARWRAAWRG... Dinosaurs!! Eat doomsday launcher!

dburgdorf

Quote from: mabor0shi on November 14, 2017, 12:12:46 AMdburgdorf: fan of Wilhelm Burgdorf, (former) Chief Adjutant to Adolf Hitler

Nope. Just happens that Darryl Burgdorf is my real name. ;)

As to the name I post mods under....

Back in 2004 (?), when I was playing "City of Heroes," I created a fire-blaster character with a rainbow-striped costume whom I named "Rayne Beau." Later that year, I started playing "EverQuest 2," and created a druid with a modified version of the name, "Rainbeau." When that character "earned" a surname at level 20, he became "Rainbeau Flambe," since he happened to be a cook as well as a druid, and also had a fire-aura spell he used a lot. The name sort of stuck, and I've been using it in games and online ever since.

And now....

MORE DINO LEGOS!

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

mabor0shi

Quote from: Kirby23590 on November 14, 2017, 06:59:01 AM
Quote from: mabor0shi on November 14, 2017, 12:12:46 AM
Yes. How did you know?
Kirby Superstar is the best 16-bit game ever. Thanks for addressing my post & answering my question. Darryl, too. Rainbeau Flambe is an odd name, but now I see why u chose it. Everyone else still has some explaining to do.

Listen1