Yet another temperature problem

Started by MeatHaven, March 30, 2015, 04:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaballah

Quote from: TheSilencedScream on March 31, 2015, 11:31:53 AM
Honestly, I'd love to see what these people do to see why they're in need of that much efficiency over the sake of it looking odd that the stove and freezer are in the same space. Even if you have a lot of colonists, that just makes it easier to spare a second to help cook.

If you are playing on a cold biome and you have all your colonists dressed in cold-weather gear all the time anyway, there is no reason not to do this.

TheSilencedScream

Quote from: Kaballah on March 31, 2015, 02:23:00 PM
Quote from: TheSilencedScream on March 31, 2015, 11:31:53 AM
Honestly, I'd love to see what these people do to see why they're in need of that much efficiency over the sake of it looking odd that the stove and freezer are in the same space. Even if you have a lot of colonists, that just makes it easier to spare a second to help cook.

If you are playing on a cold biome and you have all your colonists dressed in cold-weather gear all the time anyway, there is no reason not to do this.
No, I follow. I just think it looks silly, and I can't use that tiny bit of efficiency as justification to do so.  ;)
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

SSS

If you have a big fridge, placing the cooking stove in there (or placing a meat and veggie stockpile next to the stove, if you have more than one dedicated hauler) can speed up meal production 3x or 4x. I tend to make my dining rooms quite big, so attaching the walk-in freezer to it as well would make it far too bulky.

Fine meals are a viable moneymaker even in late game. Just stock up 100, 150, or 200 and wait for a bulk goods trader to come by. At that, lavish meals are one of the few ways to combat the current "very high expectations" that comes with rich colonies. Keeping a hefty stockpile of those for your colonists to eat is a very good idea, and the longer cooking time means every bit of extra efficiency counts since you're also most likely feeding more mouths.

Kaballah

Tsk, why would you not also build the dining table inside the freezer!  INEFFICIENT!

Monkfish

Quote from: Kaballah on March 31, 2015, 10:54:30 PM
Tsk, why would you not also build the dining table inside the freezer!  INEFFICIENT!
Pfft. Just turn the whole base into a freezer.
<insert witty signature here>

Headshotkill

Quote from: Monkfish on April 01, 2015, 10:04:11 AM
Quote from: Kaballah on March 31, 2015, 10:54:30 PM
Pfft. Just turn the whole base into a freezer.

I never understood why people like these hotels made completly out of ice, must be freezing...