Previous topic - Next topic

How good is the story?

Awesome story!
Pretty good!
Eh, it's okay.
Needs more work.
Booooorinnnnng!

OmG_PotatoeZ

This is the story, of my first A8 colony in Sappy's PoV.
Chapter One : The Landing

My name is Sappy, and this is my story..

I woke up to the sound of blaring sirens and the ripping of metal and quickly realized that my 500 year cryptosleep came to a halt due to my ship setting a crash course into God knows where. As I ran to my escape pod, I looked around seeing several others doing exactly the same. The question was though, who would I end up seeing after this. As my escape pod launched, I watched as the ship was ripped apart entirely and then sent into the same planet I was apparently heading to as well. Within a few seconds, although it felt like hours, my pods emergency parachute kicked in, and if it wasn't for that parachute, I would've been splattered across the ground, never to be found. When I finally touched down, I looked around to see that two others also touched down in nearly the exact same spot, just a few meters away! I ran over to them to see if they were okay and as soon as I started running over full sprint to the closest pod, a man stepped out with a knife in hand and was very cautious at first, holding the knife as if ready to dodge and counter an attack. When I finally got him to realize I was from the same ship, he sheathed his knife and introduced himself as "Salt." I knew that wasn't his real name, but I didn't question it. Then right after he emerged from his pod, a older woman, named Benny came out of the other pod with a pistol. She wasn't as cautious as Salt, noticing our uniforms, so she let her guard down quickly. We then decided it was getting late and we needed to build shelter, and so that we did. It wasn't perfect, but it was nice. A cozy 10x10 foot wooden cottage with three double beds and a single light in the middle. When it was complete, it was obvious that we were all starving, you could hear our stomachs for miles! So me and Benny went out to find some food whilst Salt continued upgrading the shelter. After a short walk, we spotted a small, reddish, ratlike creature. I aimed my hunting rifle at it and waited for it to stop moving. As soon as it stopped, I fired! The bullet struck the creature in the thigh it seemed, and it was mad as Hell! The thing charged at me! Extremely fast for a creature that just got shot in the back leg! I couldn't get a good shot so I let it come close and I hit it with the butt of my rifle, then all of a sudden the thing exploded! The explosion left me stunned and unconscious, the pain so excruciating I felt as if I lost both my legs and arms.

Hey guys! Tell me what you think, I will upload chapter 2 later today (it's 4:30 AM for me) if I get some good feedback and criticism (Yes, I want you guys to criticize me, how else will it get better?) it does get a lot more dramatic and yes, Sappy nearly did get killed by a boomrat on the first day. Do note though that this is an Alpha 8 and I did "beat" the game per say so you guys won't be cut short if you enjoy it. :-* ;D

bartekkru100

I would subscribe to it if I could...

ZioN

"My colonists are always edgy.
Don't ever run a colony like me, I tend to play recklessly."
- CodyRex123

---

"I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context."
- StorymasterQ

AHappyMuffalo

My first colony ended pretty quickly, the toughest guy in the colony went insane, incapacitated somebody, and hurt the last person. The insane guy had his leg shot off, so the only standing person had to move everybody indoors, the insane guy bled out, raiders dropped in and then killed everybody. Happy days.