I don't care.
6 (50%)
Just idea 1.
1 (8.3%)
Just idea 2.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

johiah

Idea 1:Please as soon as possible add a "are you sure you wish to overwrite" whe you accidentally click the wrong save when you are saving a colony. I just lost 24 HOURS of gameplay and this has happened multiple times already. This basically means I can only have 1 world at a time. Idea 2:Also in the saves folder please have a back up place where everytime you save it creates a second version with a slightly different name, so I could go back and get my 24 hours. Please, add this soon.
"My best warden has no jaw"

Johnny Masters

What happened to your autosaves ?

johiah

Quote from: Johnny Masters on April 01, 2015, 03:24:26 PM
They were all autosaves of this new world I had made that I accidentally overwrote my old one with.

Fuhman

Johnny Masters

Quote from: johiah on April 01, 2015, 03:37:25 PM
They were all autosaves of this new world I had made that I accidentally overwrote my old one with.

Uhh i feel your pain man. I don't see any problems with this time proven safe measure, so +1 there. Not sure about idea 2, seems like a lot of file bloating.

johiah

Quote from: Johnny Masters on April 01, 2015, 04:23:00 PM
Quote from: johiah on April 01, 2015, 03:37:25 PM

Uhh i feel your pain man. I don't see any problems with this time proven safe measure, so +1 there. Not sure about idea 2, seems like a lot of file bloating.
Yeah, maybe just idea one. And what really sucked is I had people with a 20 skill level.

Argon

Just pay attention and these problems will solve themselves.
Also good advice for gradeschool.

-Argon

Johnny Masters

People pay attention until they don't, that's when accident happens. That's why cars have seatbelts.

I don't see a problem with a save "seatbelt", specially if you could toggle it, should it bother some people.

antibodee

johiah

Quote from: Argon on April 01, 2015, 04:49:36 PM
Just pay attention and these problems will solve themselves.
Also good advice for gradeschool.

-Argon
well that was the problem. I kinda go into autopilot when I play this in the colony I deleted, just waiting for the next attack.

Argon

Quote from: antibodee on April 01, 2015, 04:57:49 PM
Rather rude.
Not intended to be.

On topic: You can simply periodically save your important colonies under a different name thereby creating a parallel save, or an alternate universe, whichever sounds better.

-Argon

RemingtonRyder

I have edited your subject line. For future reference, subject lines should sum up the idea you're trying to suggest, not your impatience to see it implemented. :)

johiah

Quote from: MarvinKosh on April 01, 2015, 05:04:31 PM
I have edited your subject line. For future reference, subject lines should sum up the idea you're trying to suggest, not your impatience to see it implemented. :)
Thanks, I couldn't think of how to sum it up into a few words.