Turtles from Hell!

Started by wolfpost, April 01, 2015, 03:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grubfist

My colonist's hand was bitten off by a tortoise near the start of my game. More recently, a tortoise survived being shot repeatedly with a survival rifle. While he went into shock after the first shot, he lost both his left legs and his nose, and survived about 20 gunshots before finally dying. I swear they are nigh invulnerable.

Devon_v

Most of the animals are genetically engineered and/or the result of up to three millennia of evolution. These are not your harmless Earth animals.

Technical Ben

I have a pet tortoise. It's rather safe. Did loose it's nose and tail to frostbite the first year as I did not know about the temp mechanics... so had to build heaters quick.

Oh, I tend to do better IRL with pets!  ;D

Tcsisek

I've had two attacks by turtles, one that actualy helped. First one I had three colonists opining Fire on it for I don't know how long, until I got sick of it, shot a nearby boomrat, and let the fire kill it. The second one attacked a group of commandos (glitter tech mod) that were swinging my base. They opened fire with weapons that caused fires (the fires killed one commando and burned several), and at the same time my mortar got an amazing shot that detonated half their ammo killing/incapacitating 2 of them. The turtle took at least two dozen shots (while on fire) before it went down. Combined with the mortar shot, that turtle caused the faliure of a seige camp that otherwise would of destroyed my base.