[A12d] Warhammer 40k Weapons V8.0

Started by Headshot, April 03, 2015, 04:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headshot

V8.0

Description:

The current range of weapons and their damage is either identical or similar to vanilla weapons.

The eventual system for balance will see the damage and ranges based on the following chart:

Plasma Weapons              Poor Range, Good Damage.

Bolters                           Average Range, Average Damage.

Laser Weapons                 Good Range, Poor Damage.

armour is still not a priority, and will not make it a priority until I feel there's a large number of weapons.

The current mod Title is Warhammer 40k Weapons, but will eventually be renamed to Warhammer 40k.

To see a time line, refference the changelog, as I don't have specific goals set for the future, just topics and areas I plan to cover, which so far are the following:

- Races (When able to be created, will include: Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Chaos, Orks, etc.)
- Weapons
- Armour
- Production (crafting)
- Security (turrets and things)

*these are subject to change

Mission:
To create the greatest warhammer 40k mod NLT(no later than) 2016, AND continue production as long as there's interest.

Execution:
Using slow but steady updates, sacrificing to the emperor so on and so forth, I plan to build the vast number of weapons, armour, buildings, and everything else one by one. Most important of all, my perfectionism compels me to pay attention to every pixel and stat.

Sustainment:
Coffee and Kraft Dinner. I use a mix of photoshop and paint.net (mostly paint.net) because I find it extremely easy to work with. Maybe I should use illustrater to make vector images, then rasterize, but my current method works well.

Command and Control:
If you guys need to reach me, use Freq. 191.813 on the AN/PRC-117f, I'm kidding; just leave a PM or a post, I check the forums as often as possible. I'll try and make an effort to keep the ModDB and Nexus updated. Keeping ModDB and Nexus updated takes a TON time, and unfortunately often information posted there will be old or updated behind the post here.

Current Items:
Plasma Pistol
Bolter
Exitus Sniper Rifle
Exitus Pistol
Bolter Pistol
Storm Bolter
Lasgun
Laspistol
Meltagun 
Astartes Assault Shotgun
Lascannon
Autogun M40 Armageddon Pattern
Ork Shoota
Long Barrel Ork Shoota
Goff Shoota
Chainsword
Thunder Hammer
Power Sword
Imperial Guard Sword
Vindicare Assassin Helmet

Upcoming Additions:
Plasma Gun -- Soon(TM)

Author/Mod Team
Headshot

Download:

Changelog:

V8 (Ported To Work)
- Ported to latest version of rimworld (during port some minor features were removed. They will be added soon after)

V7 (New Weapons)
- Added Ork Weapons
- Added Melee Weapons

V6 (Quick Patch)
- Updated to work with Alpha 10

V5 (Heavy Weapons)
- Added Meltagun
- Added Exitus Helmet
- Added Astartes Assault Shotgun
- Added Armageddon M40 Autogun
- Added Lascannon
- Updated Chainsword texture
- Updated Exitus pistol texture
- Made ranges match vanilla weapons
- Boosted damages to match vanilla weapons
- Reworked the weapon costs
- Reworked Ranges

V4 (The Age of Guns):
- Added new weapons
- Modified Lasgun
- Balanced Cost
- Balanced Range/Damage

V3 (The Introduction of Lasers):
- Modified the Bolter sprite, looks better now, but still included the original if anyone wants to swap them
- Added Lasgun,
- Made custom dmg deffinitions
- Made custom laser bullet image
- Balanced range & damage
- Changed weapon costs

V2 (Evisceration Everywhere):
- Added chainsword

V1 (Illumination):
- Release

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.
- Post any comments or concerns or critique

Vonholtz

I have a mod now that has the bolter and bolt Pistol all ready. But I will try yours out as well. I would so like to see more WH 40K mods. And I will gladly try or use any that come along. I will  try it tonight.  :)

Dante King

You just joined the forums, and you're already putting out amazing quality mods! Good job!

Headshot

Quote from: Vonholtz on April 03, 2015, 07:49:59 PM
I have a mod now that has the bolter and bolt Pistol all ready. But I will try yours out as well. I would so like to see more WH 40K mods. And I will gladly try or use any that come along. I will  try it tonight.  :)

Oh, sorry... some competition never hurt  :D I'm a 40k fan and wanted to try my hand at space marine stuff, but I'll slowly work towards it. Please don't let this discourage anyone, as I'll probably take forever and take many breaks in-between lol.

Quote from: Dante King on April 03, 2015, 08:17:19 PM
You just joined the forums, and you're already putting out amazing quality mods! Good job!

Oh thanks a lot ;D

Vonholtz

nothing to be sorry about it not a mod I made that has the boltes (dont have the skill to make mods)it a imperial guard mod I use. I for one am happy to see even more 40K mods. And I will be glad to add them to my game.

LoL oh hell yes you already added a chainsword that I did not see the first time I downloaded it. Ok re-downloading again to get that weapon added.  ;) Keep them coming how about a heavy bolter next?

Killaim

UMK

Quote from: Killaim on April 04, 2015, 10:58:00 AM
emperah is sad over the damage output

:)
One Headshot - one kill.

I guess it's a Modder Conservation Law - once rooki1 disappeared we've got another great modder.

millenium

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_of_the_Imperium

i assume we'll be seeing more of these in the future. with the possibility of the plasma guns exploding of course.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Headshot

Oh yeah, I'm putting the heavy bolter off at the moment, because I can't figure out how to make it look good when the ammo belt is just running off into nowhere.

Other than that, I've finished a Laspistol, Storm Bolter, and Exitus pistol today. Now I've stared on a  plasma pistol, shotgun, snipers, and some <censored>
(pics moved to main post)

Addeptis

Looks great, going to install this now, need my 40k fix maaan.

Headshot

I'm drawing everything by hand now instead of compressing then editing images. I don't quite know why I made the exitus stuff, got side tracked lol. I'm gonna try and finish the shotgun and plasma pistol before I go to bed.

Cmoa666

For the heavy bolter, they can be like this.

Headshot

Quote from: Cmoa666 on April 06, 2015, 11:25:21 AM

A first and very wonderful post  :P

Thanks, that's perfect! I didn't know there were drum mags for the heavy bolter. I'll get started on it when I can.

So I usually trace an image then colour it, so if anyone's got some sexy pics of warhammer stuff post, here's my album of current reference images (to avoid duplicates): http://imgur.com/a/YYtBY

Addeptis

Quote from: Headshot on April 06, 2015, 03:10:12 PM
Quote from: Cmoa666 on April 06, 2015, 11:25:21 AM

A first and very wonderful post  :P

Thanks, that's perfect! I didn't know there were drum mags for the heavy bolter. I'll get started on it when I can.

So I usually trace an image then colour it, so if anyone's got some sexy pics of warhammer stuff post, here's my album of current reference images (to avoid duplicates): http://imgur.com/a/YYtBY

If you are planing on doing some auto weaponry I got a couple of cool looking auto gun patterns I can toss your way.

Also here is a picture with some of the widely known(and not so known) lasguns.

Headshot

Quote from: Addeptis on April 06, 2015, 06:53:39 PM

If you are planing on doing some auto weaponry I got a couple of cool looking auto gun patterns I can toss your way.

Also here is a picture with some of the widely known(and not so known) lasguns.

Yeah when I get around to them.

Here's my latest creation Haven't looked at it in-game just yet.