[A12d] Warhammer 40k Weapons V8.0

Started by Headshot, April 03, 2015, 04:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dspendragon

I enjoy this mode much,

But the bolter just doesn't have that "ompf", its supposed to have,

great mod all around
This is Rimworld people, Where cannibals ware pink helmets and nudest decide to go outside when its -59F, And where shit happens. Its anything but fare or balanced, Lady Luck rolls a 1000-sided dice and 80% of that dice says"Death"on it. Your job is keeping your people alive in bad rolls. Good Luck.

Boston

I find this mod really funny.

Because, you know, in WH40k canon, lasguns are capable of blowing off limbs.... after penetrating multiple feet of concrete. They are only "weak" when compared to the other weapons of the setting aka supersoldier/magitech/highly-advanced weaponry. They are comparable (and compared) outright to modern firearms in effectiveness in canon

Bolters are capable of destroying light armored vehicles, and kill unarmored humans by detonating near them. Bolters aren't "average", not by any means.  They are just seen as much due to them being used by the "posterboys" of the setting, aka a certain all-male, power-armed group of supersoldiers.

Plasma, meh. The other two groups need fixing, really.

Kadrush

Dude, I just loved your mod, but as a fan of the WH40k universe I must ask something.

Orks weapons are supposed to work only on Ork hands, there is something really odd about seeing a human firing a Shoota.

cesarjunior233

Can you add eldars , chaos marines , plague marines , slaanesh shit , blobs of nurgle , FUCKING ULTRASMURFS AND BLOOD RAVENS , dreadnoughts and a way to use vehicles

FyrnSkulblaka

Ok, so, I know it's a long shot. But hear me out on this: Mother. Fucking. Tyranids. Can you imagine sitting in your mountain fortress and having a warning of an incoming splinter fleet? And sending your marines to the defenses to desperately fight off the horde? Can you imagine trying to fight off a Hive tyrant or a carnifex? Better yet a norn queen.

Duros001

Quote from: FyrnSkulblaka on April 03, 2016, 04:49:06 AM
Ok, so, I know it's a long shit. But hear me out on this: Mother. Fucking. Tyranids. Can you imagine sitting in your mountain fortress and having a warning of an incoming splinter fleet? And sending your marines to the defenses to desperately fight off the horde? Can you imagine trying to fight off a Hive tyrant or a carnifex? Better yet a norn queen.

This might be even easier now given the new update (rimworld 13), and could tie into the infestation mechanic?

I love 40K and always end up using mods for any game to give it a 40K edge :D

Demonlord091

So do we have to make an account with ModDB in order to download this mod? It's been a while since I've fiddled with Rimworld mods, longer still since I've even looked at the ModDB website.

I hope this mod continues to get worked on. Keep up the good work.

cesarjunior233

Quote from: FyrnSkulblaka on April 03, 2016, 04:49:06 AM
Ok, so, I know it's a long shit. But hear me out on this: Mother. Fucking. Tyranids. Can you imagine sitting in your mountain fortress and having a warning of an incoming splinter fleet? And sending your marines to the defenses to desperately fight off the horde? Can you imagine trying to fight off a Hive tyrant or a carnifex? Better yet a norn queen.

Good idea , will be good add too another color of marine clothes and weapons and mechs , but with different atributes , like salamanders have extra fire damage and defence and the ultramarines are ULTRAOP

BlackflagNarwhal

Any word if this is going to be able to get an update into A13? Ive been seriously debating just taking the time to learn how to code to get the guns to show up in the Prepare Carefully mod and when i try to spawn them in.

Lordvalecortez

It works with A13. I've been playing with no problems.

BlackflagNarwhal

It works, but even with just that mod i cannot get a lasgun to either spawn or be selected from the start. Must go back to my lab for more tests.

Merc Reaper

Anyone know if V8.0 works with Alpha 14?

Dante King

Shelter

kaptain_kavern

Idk if there is still another wh40k mod up to date anymore.
But otherwise I'd willing to try to put one together with graphic assets from outdated ones (I don't know how to do arts or graphic stuffs).
If I will do this it will be open sourced on github for let anyone contribute easily.
But only if there not already another mod out there as I don't want to step on someone else shoes.