[A12d] Warhammer 40k Weapons V8.0

Started by Headshot, April 03, 2015, 04:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

In the mean time ...

Community updated (Download in attachment)

Here I just do an update I have not even try to look at rebalance, crafting cost etc

But i still want feedbacks about doing a bigger WH40k mod if there is not already some. With increased crafting cost, proper benches (all of the SpaceMarine tech seems pretty advanced compared to RW vanilla), maybe factions, orks and all

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Darque

A bigger, WH40k mod would interest me, especially if it focuses on the various xenos for a greater variety of raids.

SpaceDorf

A user named Trashman was starting on this one about a month ago, more or less the same kpt. kavern did :

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22399.0

He was starting to ask around about armors and stuff, but I haven't heard much since.

I am trying for myself if I can get geneseed implants to work, just to find out if I have the head for Rimworld Modding in General.  ( so don't get your hopes up :) )
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 26, 2016, 12:41:32 PM
Idk if there is still another wh40k mod up to date anymore.
But otherwise I'd willing to try to put one together with graphic assets from outdated ones (I don't know how to do arts or graphic stuffs).
If I will do this it will be open sourced on github for let anyone contribute easily.
But only if there not already another mod out there as I don't want to step on someone else shoes.

I've made a proper/separated post for this in order to not pollute this thread more

TrashMan

How about a 40K central thread, where all the 40K mods (abandoned, in-progress, planned) can be discussed and the authors can plan and work together to merge them?

SpaceDorf

kaptain_kavern

That was this idea behind this post : https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25040.msg256176#msg256176

Like stated in there I will focus on creating factions using the SpaceMarine stuff at first and expand bit by bit.

I'm all for a community/collaborative work/mod

TrashMan

Sounds good. You have my blessings to sue anything I make.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: TrashMan on August 28, 2016, 11:18:54 AM

*LOL* I hope GW did not sense your small but lethal misspell here :)

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: TrashMan on August 28, 2016, 11:18:54 AM

Thank you very much, Sir!

killer117

id love to see a full blown version of this mod in operation. if it had geneseed implants and orks and elder that would be so much fun. do u think there's any way to do physcers (cant spell it) in rimworld?

Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: killer117 on September 07, 2016, 07:48:11 AM
id love to see a full blown version of this mod in operation. if it had geneseed implants and orks and elder that would be so much fun. do u think there's any way to do physcers (cant spell it) in rimworld?

it's spelled Psykers. I can see them implemented as some kind of special weapons user ..

http://www.lexicanum.com/ for all your Warhammer needs :)

killer117

thnx. sorry for my horrible spelling, but with psykers the stuff ive seen of them in the small number of books ive read had the ability to manipulate objects telekinetically, fire some sort of puple void energy that's really nasty, and summon demons. now I can easily see them doing the last two, if they had a trait called psyker that replaced their ability to melee with ability to fire purple energy and shield themselves, and tainted psykers could periodically open void rifts and spawn demons and demon spawn, but how could u do the object manipulation?
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

TrashMan

Psykers have all sorts of abilities... kinda like mages+jedi on steroids.

From mind manipulation to making your blood boil or just your head explode.