Alpha 9: More restrictions - no REALLY needed stuff

Started by Jan2607, April 04, 2015, 06:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UrbanBourbon

Quote from: Jan2607 on April 13, 2015, 07:19:52 AM
Another question: It feels like the moving speed of the colonists is slower in A9 than before. Is this just a feeling?
Moving speed is also tied to age. Old colonists are slooow. On top of that, they'll likely get medical conditions like "frail" or "bad back", slowing them even further. Are your colonists old?

Darkhymn

Cassie 100% is a fair challenge. Play smart, and if you make it through the first winter, you've already won. No killboxes or unbalanced magic soil spawners necessary.

SSS

Quote from: Jan2607 on April 13, 2015, 07:19:52 AMAnother question: It feels like the moving speed of the colonists is slower in A9 than before. Is this just a feeling?

Unless they're old or peg-legged, it's probably just a feeling. If you want to check, just select the "slow" colonist and view the health tab in the lower left portion of the screen. You can click the "i" as well for the pawn's info; moving speed is one of the first stats listed.

Kirid

I haven't used those info screens much since they're still pretty new. Lots of info there.
I'm dealing with a frail old man with a bad back and a stab scar on his leg. 30% movement speed, so terrible.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

rtiger

Killboxing is discussed to death in other threads. Also, you don't need hydroponics in a freezing biome. There are other ways to go about feeding your colonists.

Ultimately, the game is still alpha, and a well playable one at that. Nothing is perfect yet. I agree though we need some way to drain the marshes and mud. It shouldn't be too hard to make it so a fert pump doesn't affect stone.

Arsonik

Quote from: rtiger on April 14, 2015, 03:47:43 PMIt shouldn't be too hard to make it so a fert pump doesn't affect stone.

Precisely. It should be easier then that. I should be able to move soil from outdoors into my mountain base with haulers.