Restricting Colonists to Single Side (Fixed in a11!)

Started by cuproPanda, May 31, 2015, 11:24:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuproPanda

I can't seem to get colonists to interact with a joy object on only one side. I tried adding an interaction cell, but that didn't work, and there aren't any joy objects for me to reference handling this behavior. Am I just missing some obvious thing here? Image below if it helps.

EDIT: a solution now exists in the form of JoyGiver_InteractBuildingInteractionCell!
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Adamiks

Maybe look at the Misc. by Haplo? I think that colonists can play on computer terminal in his mod.

cuproPanda

Quote from: Adamiks on May 31, 2015, 12:00:52 PM
Maybe look at the Misc. by Haplo? I think that colonists can play on computer terminal in his mod.

It all looks the same to me. I don't see anything anywhere specifying colonists can only use the spot in front, so I don't get why they normally just do.  :-\

EDIT: The best I can come up with is using InteractBuilding_SitAdjacent, but that 1) relies on the player putting seats at every arcade, and 2) doesn't prevent colonists from using the arcade in the wrong direction if there's a chair there.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

mrofa

Without dll modding you wont be able to do that, had the same problem when i was making holograms a joy object.. .
All i do is clutter all around.

harpo99999

as a brutally simple cludge around for the problem, you could build walls on the sides of the 'building' that you do not want the pawns to use preventing their access to those sides

cuproPanda

Quote from: harpo99999 on May 31, 2015, 05:12:10 PM
as a brutally simple cludge around for the problem, you could build walls on the sides of the 'building' that you do not want the pawns to use preventing their access to those sides

For now, I just specified placing stools next to the arcades. It doesn't seem TOO out of place.

Rikiki

You can do it if you code your own job driver using the PathMode = InterractionCell.
That's really not the easier part of dll modding in my opinion! :P

cuproPanda

Quote from: Rikiki on June 02, 2015, 03:51:46 PM
You can do it if you code your own job driver using the PathMode = InterractionCell.

I figured it had something to do with the interaction cell. I have little experience with programming, and the experience I do have is self-taught from books and online tutorials, so it'll take me a little while to crack it. I do look forward to getting it done though, since then I'll be more familiar with it and I can move on to bigger and better projects!

Shinzy

Quote from: cuproPanda on June 02, 2015, 07:03:58 PM
Quote from: Rikiki on June 02, 2015, 03:51:46 PM

I figured it had something to do with the interaction cell. I have little experience with programming, and the experience I do have is self-taught from books and online tutorials, so it'll take me a little while to crack it. I do look forward to getting it done though, since then I'll be more familiar with it and I can move on to bigger and better projects!

Ooo thas the spirit Cuppa!
some of us don't wannoo take the extra effort to hop on the proper modding train ;D
and by most I mean mostly only me, uh