Tech-Mideval Mod!

Started by Beathrus, April 05, 2015, 03:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beathrus

So, has anyone made a mod like this? Which is basically, since we have 'tribesmen' who use bows and pila, could we eventually get like a faction of knight lookin' people? Like, rollin' up in mideval looking steel armor with like sniper lances and defense energy shields?

skullywag

No one has yet, but seeing as the tech levels in the vanilla game are:

Undefined,
Animal,
Neolithic,
Medieval,
Midworld,
Spacer,
Ultra,
Transcendent

its the one tech level which seems to have very little content in it, make of that what you will.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Shinzy

weee need the bazooka lances from Valkyria Chronicles

skullywag

Quote from: Shinzy on April 05, 2015, 07:04:35 AM

so much yes.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Beathrus

Quote from: Shinzy on April 05, 2015, 07:04:35 AM

Yessss. But I also wouldn't mind like a heavy shield from the front, that is like a mobile defense instillation that can draw and take tons of damage without getting hurt. The trade off could be, they are slow as all heck though.

Goo Poni

I did have an idea for a mod, born of one of these threads about the game's bows. I was thinking that the tribals get a selection of new unnatural bows, imbued with a physics-defying force that could only be called magic. A shortbow that allows it's wielder to fire with extreme speed. A longbow that makes a mockery of sniper rifles. And a greatbow, akin to the greatbows of Dark Souls, firing impossibly large "arrows" that are more like cavalry lances than arrows, arrows that are surely capable of killing outright if they struck true. But then the colonists can take these eldritch weapons. Improve them. Make them better. Hit harder, hit faster, hit at greater range, hit with unprecedented accuracy and in the case of the greatbow, attach explosive tips to it's oversized arrows so even if it doesn't hit, it's gonna cause some damage. BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE. With further research into preserving whatever enchantments the tribals have placed upon their weapons and using better materials, we create weapons that blend the realms of science and the arcane together. No longer bound by material ammunition, these bows fire energetic arrows with mythological speed and accuracy. You can look to the bow featured in the "Immortals" film to see what I had in mind after a couple upgrades upon the original tribal magic bows.

TL:DR, tribal bow mod that I don't know how to implement nor have the artistic skills to implement.

warden

I'd personally like to see the tribal (= low tech) playstyle some more attention. Not that the game doesn't already have utterly massive replay value in itself, but i'd still like to have alternatives regarding colony progression since currently all colonies tend to travel more or less the same high-tech path. More options is always good.