Do you ever use Synthread or Hyperweave?

Started by SSS, April 06, 2015, 01:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSS

In vanilla, do your colonists wear much clothing made of these?

Your starting colonists come with Synthread, but there isn't a steady source of it (in raw form) afterwards. Raiders tend to wear it from time to time, but it's not nearly enough to outfit a sizable portion of your colony with it, in my experience. Hyperweave is both rare to see in raw form and on raiders, and even if you do find the raw form, it's highly expensive and in small quantities. (The only time I've seen a bulk goods trader carrying it, it didn't even have enough to fully outfit one colonist.)

What are your thoughts on said textiles?

Edit: Typo.

warden

I don't know how are you supposed to get synthread or hyperweave. I've ever only seen them on bulk traders, and only some 20-60 pieces. When i buy those pieces, i never see more in the traders that come afterwards. My last game lasted six years and i checked every single trading ship Randy gave me - which was quite an enormous amount - and in the end i had 47 units of hyperweave.

Waste of time at this point. I do hope they get a purpose later.

EscapeZeppelin

My colonists wear a lot of it but only when I pull it off raiders' corpses. Other than parkas I've never seen much point in crafting clothes of any material.

SSS

Quote from: EscapeZeppelin on April 06, 2015, 03:33:58 PM
My colonists wear a lot of it but only when I pull it off raiders' corpses. Other than parkas I've never seen much point in crafting clothes of any material.

Devilstrand is basically code for "armor clothing". ;)