Bill / Production Assignement

Started by Cryorus, April 05, 2015, 12:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cryorus

Quick idea which could help improve the colony feel and help modders :

I already use Wasteland's Skill Lock mod which is awesome and lets me fine tune my production assignement but still I hunger for more control (*insert evil laughter here*). Often i had a colonist do everything else but not the task i wanted him to do(Specific: I had a colonist  with enough medic skill to craft medicine from herbal, but he would not do it until i told him, because he went tailoring/stone cutting or anything else but that). So I came up with an idea.

Assign production tables or just individual bills to be worked on by specific colonists.

Example:
1) Improving your kitchen:
You could make two people cook but assign just one for butchering and the other for cooking.

2) Organize your hospital:
ADDITIONAL :
Rework health system to categorize injuries ( ex.: bruises/ scratches = low lv injury ; cut off limbs/organs etc. = high lv injury)

Assign one or more colonist for doctoring (operations and treating high lv injuries) but have a few more for nursing (bring food or heal low lv injuries)

3) Have People be dedicated to a specific task
Have a carfter for just stone blocks or tailorer.

In addition to the new fun system colonist could get positive/negative fun and/or mood buffs for doing a task.Using the childhood/adult backstory  you could know what task makes them happy/depressiv or is fun for them.
Example: A Butcher would not be very happy with growing but has fun at butchering/hunting (maybe operations ? XD), whilst a farmer would enjoy the growing.

Leave commets for ideas/critic etc and have some nice hollidays ^^

SSS

Yes, yes, yes! Assigning a specific colonist to a bill is a no-brainer feature.

It hurts every time I have my crafter working on a few expensive items, only to revert to stonecutting while the crap crafter takes over. x.x

It would actually take away from micromanaging.

Having a "designate items forbidden/unforbidden" setting would be nice too, so I don't have to manually forbid the meals I'm wanting to sell, for example.

Cryorus

After playing the game a little bit since posting this I noticed something :
The feature is already in...well.....almost.
When a colonist decides to take on a bill, you can see : " Worker: XXXX".
And no one else starts that bill. So instead of doing it automaticly why not make an option for manualy assign ? Could be done in the "..."-menue for each task.
And In my case its not the micromanagment, its more like macromanagment, because i have to either tell my guy to do it or shut off everything else (which is the most stupid thing to do) in order to make him craft what he only can and should.

EDIT:
Micromanagment would still be needed : IF your colonist has tasks with the same priority he STILL can do the wrong one. But the chances are much reduced and if you repsect fun/mood your colonist could still go mad if you dont wacth him, so it would even require MORE managment after assigning tasks.