[Question] RimWorld for testing?

Started by Ferigad, October 03, 2013, 09:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferigad

Woho,

please dont start to jump into my face before you did read the post! xD

First off, nice game. Backed it and i can´t wait that the other 29 days are over to get my hands on that. Even if it´s a crashderby in its early build, i rlly love that kind of game (yes i am dwarf fortess addicted O.o)

Question (or suggestion) i have is this: If you reach the 20.000 for the minimal goal, would you consider to let the people test the game themself as long as the rest of the kickstarter campaign runs? With a stable dev build, of course, or at least as stable as it works, just that the people get a idear what they are backing from first hand.

I think it could help to give the game another boost while it is still in it´s kickstarter time. It´s just a suggestion, as far as i can tell it didn´t hurt Planet Explorers when they did something similiar.

Now you can hit me or say that i just wanna have it for free or so but just to prove otherwise:
http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/530317424
So honestly, i ask it only because i think it could help to get people more intressted. Even maybe people who didn´t had that mutch experience with that kind of games.

And just ignore my bad gramma, english isn´t my native language xD

Semmy

Quote from: Ferigad on October 03, 2013, 09:35:11 PM
Woho,

please dont start to jump into my face before you did read the post! xD

First off, nice game. Backed it and i can´t wait that the other 29 days are over to get my hands on that. Even if it´s a crashderby in its early build, i rlly love that kind of game (yes i am dwarf fortess addicted O.o)

Question (or suggestion) i have is this: If you reach the 20.000 for the minimal goal, would you consider to let the people test the game themself as long as the rest of the kickstarter campaign runs? With a stable dev build, of course, or at least as stable as it works, just that the people get a idear what they are backing from first hand.

I think it could help to give the game another boost while it is still in it´s kickstarter time. It´s just a suggestion, as far as i can tell it didn´t hurt Planet Explorers when they did something similiar.

Now you can hit me or say that i just wanna have it for free or so but just to prove otherwise:
http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/530317424
So honestly, i ask it only because i think it could help to get people more intressted. Even maybe people who didn´t had that mutch experience with that kind of games.

And just ignore my bad gramma, english isn´t my native language xD

i think tynan has already stated a couple of times that he isnt taking any more testers atm.
People can get the prerelease from the influencer tier.

I believe that certain lets play people and gaming sites can get a test version but you need to email him like stated in the kickstarter.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Ferigad

You get me wrong, i dont talk about tests, i talk about somethin like the good old times, a demo version if you like. PE did it, and it helped them to get some more funds at least. And the people did just played it for themself to see if they like the idear and to judge if they wanna really spend money on it. Even if it was a highly alphastage version, and if you backed you could play the later devoloper versions, if not, well, you could just wait for a release.

Thats the whole thing about it. Nothing to do with testing. Still, it´s just a suggestion.

Hypolite

We already discussed about that exact topic. Here are the conclusions:
- According to Tynan, the game isn't advanced/stable enough yet to give a good impression
- Sneaky backers could remove their pledge after getting the game without having paid a dime
- That behavior could potentially make the Kickstarter campaign fail

Tynan decided to postpone giving access to the game until Kickstarter campaign end mainly to have more time to develop it and to avert that specific risk.

British

It's also a whole lot of work to find out where to draw the limits, and to then develop a specific build which integrates all those limits...

Yarkista

TL;DR: No.

Lock the topic? It's fulfilled its usefulness.

Hypolite