What are your three favourite traits to have?

Started by AntiMatter, April 06, 2015, 05:20:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntiMatter

Now I mean sanguine and stuff like that. not being completely bionic.

mine would be these three (and since I have Edb prepare carefully I can have em on at least one colonist)

sanguine,
industrious,
jogger.

sanguine is a plus 12 buff on mood (explains itself really.)
industrious is a major buff on work speed
jogger makes them walk faster :P

for colonies which are like mazes (I’m not very good at building) these three for me are great!

what are your personal favourites?
sometimes, all you need is to get out and push.
-Jeb kerman

BetaSpectre

Faster movement, Faster working time.

Don't use the other stuff often.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Kegereneku

Abrasive
Very Neurotic
Slothful

Green Thumb
Psychically Dull
<good temperature related trait>

"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Listy

Depends on the role I want. I have a list of traits that are "That's a very silly belief to have, guess you get left out to die now."
If I want someone to man my grenade range or T9 launchers then its Trigger happy. If I want a close combat guy then brawler, Jogger and psychopath are a nice combo (that I've never seen happen naturally).

However just the other day some one with sanguine, steadfast and blood-lust walked into my recruiting station.

SSS

Ooh, that's hard. There are a lot I like. I won't list the specific traits in any particular order, but I tend to divy up traits into tiers.

Love Tier (Effectively Strong Like tier traits that I enjoy the most):

• Jogger
  • Prostophile
  • Psychically Deaf

Strong Like Tier (My favs- I look for pawns with these):

• Sanguine
  • Masochist
  • Psychopath
  • Industrious
  • Iron-Willed
  • Brawler
  • Trigger Happy / Careful Shooter

Like Tier (A bonus- but nothing I look for):

• Too Smart
  • Fast Walker
  • Optimist
  • Steadfast
  • Hard Worker
  • Psychically Dull
  • Positive Temperature traits (depending on landing site)

Meh Tier (They have little effect on my decision to take or leave a pawn):

• Bloodlust
  • Nudist
  • Green Thumb
  • Neurotic
  • Negative Temperature traits (again, depending on landing site)

Dislike Tier (I don't like them- but they're not dealbreakers):

• Abrasive
  • Slowpoke
  • Pessimist
  • Nervous
  • Lazy
  • Psychically Sensitive

Hate Tier (Dealbreakers- I avoid pawns with these)

• Cannibal
  • Prostophobe
  • Depressive
  • Volatile
  • Very Neurotic
  • Slothful
  • Psychically Hypersensitive

Kaballah

Psychopath and bloodlust are extremely handy in the long run, because these colonists won't flip out when they see the stacks of corpses left behind after enemies assault you.

I don't understand why someone would like Too Smart, but not like Very Neurotic, they have a lot in common.

The only trait I really dislike a lot is Volatile, it's 100% downside and it's a really big downside.  Slowpoke isn't really a big deal on crafter/artists, and Slothful doesn't matter much for haulers/fighters.  All the other traits don't really bother me much, even Psychically Hypersensitive (only really comes into play on the crashed ship part, wear a tinfoil hat and wreck the ship part quickly).

SSS

Quote from: Kaballah on April 06, 2015, 05:05:42 PMI don't understand why someone would like Too Smart, but not like Very Neurotic, they have a lot in common.

Very Neurotic works 30% faster. Too Smart learns 50% faster. I don't mind babysitting a colonist if they have the potential to be great in multiple skills. Otherwise, no thanks. Industrious and Hard Worker both provide work bonuses if I really want a colonist like that. (Now that I think about it, Industrious + Too Smart would be an awesome combo.)

passi965

1. Bloodlust
2. Cannibal
3. Sanguine
I'm using the Prepare Carefully mod from Edb so i always use these traits^^

Boboid

Quote from: SSS on April 06, 2015, 09:01:46 PM
Very Neurotic works 30% faster. Too Smart learns 50% faster.

Too Smart is an 80% modifier.

Default: 30/100/150%
Too Smart: 54/180/270%

It's more or less the best trait in the game for artists or crafters.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Kaballah

But once you reach 20 skill in whatever, it just a (large) downside.

Boboid

It's a pretty tiny downside in isolation unless you're running an insane colony by the time you're at 20 skill.

Not to mention that a lot of games are essentially over before you can get a 20 skill crafter without Too Smart.

Too smart is right up there with Very Neurotic and Industrious in terms of colony wealth generation because higher quality objects are worth exponentially more.

Once you're at 20 skill its effect is limited to regaining lost skill due to passive skill loss but literally every moment before that it's been a huge benefit. It's a great trait.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

SSS

Quote from: Boboid on April 06, 2015, 11:14:20 PM
Quote from: SSS on April 06, 2015, 09:01:46 PM
Very Neurotic works 30% faster. Too Smart learns 50% faster.

Too Smart is an 80% modifier.

Default: 30/100/150%
Too Smart: 54/180/270%

It's more or less the best trait in the game for artists or crafters.

I referenced an old stat chart for the specific number. Thanks for the clarification.

@Kaballah: You can train colonists like that in pretty much anything. They'll even learn at x1.3 pace on stuff they have no interest in. That's what I was talking about on their big potential. It's worth the babysitting imo.

Kaballah

Quote from: Boboid on April 07, 2015, 05:58:33 AM
Too smart is right up there with Very Neurotic and Industrious in terms of colony wealth generation because higher quality objects are worth exponentially more.

Well yes, that's just what I was saying (that Too Smart and Very Neurotic are both pretty great, with the same downside).

Teague

Currently enjoying the prostophile sanguine psycically deaf colony. All worship the crashed ship part.

Still wonder if it's reasonable to do a colony with 3 colonists that all have the traits Depressive, Volatile, Very Neurotic?

b0rsuk