Rimworld Loading times

Started by filippe999, April 07, 2015, 07:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Yeah, I'm going to try to fix this bug for A10.

Unfortunately it'll mean working around some breakage in Unity. Got to see if I can read PNG files using my own code without touching the Unity stuff.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

skullywag

everything i read about that bug stated it was in the editor only, are you sure its the same bug, im sure there is something wrong but is it this exact issue?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Tynan

Quote from: skullywag on April 09, 2015, 02:31:02 PM
everything i read about that bug stated it was in the editor only, are you sure its the same bug, im sure there is something wrong but is it this exact issue?

Editor only? I've never seen this bug in the editor, actually. So yes I'm quite sure.

Goo Poni

Strange. Before, I was able to start the game up in a few seconds and it was just the actual loading into a game that took a little while, checking the mod folder also took a little while as well. But now, Rimworld has just been taking it's time to load up at all. I deleted my mod config and after leaving it for a few minutes, I got to the main menu. Re-enabled my mods and... well it's been mulling that over for the better part of an hour now. It is still working, trying to load assets, but it's going about it so slowly. Not sure what I changed to make Rimworld wanna act differently today. A restart didn't do much for me either.

skullywag

Quote from: Tynan on April 09, 2015, 02:38:18 PM
Quote from: skullywag on April 09, 2015, 02:31:02 PM

Editor only? I've never seen this bug in the editor, actually. So yes I'm quite sure.

theres a comment on that blog post from the author stating its in the editor only, hence me saying yes you have an issue but are you sure its this.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

RemingtonRyder

I didn't see that when I was reading the first time. Still, as Tynan says, he'd noticed a Unity problem with images before. Some of the performance testing steps in the article could be useful to determine where the problem lies and evaluate the fix code.

Tynan

I've reworked the code (circumventing Unity) so this should be addressed.