Better raids!

Started by Guluere, December 04, 2017, 12:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guluere

Whenever a raid starts, one of your pawns which used to belong to the faction might betray you and join them to fight you.

When a raid start, they will attempt to free any prisoner you have to make them join the raid.

War raids could start where large groups of raiders from many directions comes to attack you. This could be raids that scales are very large that is almost war like, where some of the raiders would come with mortars and some with melee and ranged to attack the hell out of you in an attempt to get rid of you once and for all.

sick puppy

sorry for necro
wanted to express my support for the middle and last part of your idea.

generally, raiders SHOULD aim for your prisoners aswell. as soon as a raider steps into a room marked as prison, all prisoners in that room should not only be let loose, but once touched by a raider also get rid of their shackles. once that is done they grab a weapon that is laying around closest, be it one of your stockpiles or a weapon off of the dead body of a raider or one of your own.

and yes, yes, yes, this HAS to happen. raids that always come from one direction alone are boring. challenge us, tynan. maybe make a huge group of raiders set the forest around us on fire.

and on a personal note i believe mountain bases are boring and op, especially because they allow for easy killboxes to be built in no time. besides, overhead mountain makes many threats useless against you. this is why i never play it. i understand that there are already bugs that keep spawning there, but i want something better. what if there could be another type of raid:
as long as a certain percentage of the map borders are blocked by walls, raiders wont spawn in the map but will continuously dig inside. the best about the whole thing is that the raiders arent visible that way and you have no chance of telling, really, where and when they will pop up, eventhough you've seen the raid message.

Bolgfred

The whole idea of a prisoner breakout sounds cool for me.

As long as there is a prisoner in your colony, his faction might come to free him.
This is a simple raid, wich has a major target priority to reach the prisoner. They attack anything on their way, but primary go for him/her.
At the same time there is a 50% chance that the prisonder himself will try to break up at the same time.

When you release the prisoner or the attackers reach him by themselves, they release him and leave the map.
"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

AileTheAlien

There's already a mental-break thing for pawns to randomly break prisoners out, so it probably wouldn't be much work to randomly assign a raider (or an entire raiding party event) to have the same behaviour.