Frequent Suggestions Topic!

Started by JimmyAgnt007, April 07, 2015, 08:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyAgnt007

Ok, there are a lot of repeat topics on here that show up from time to time.  They get discussed to death and finish.  Then someone else comes along and suggests it again.  Not that they are bad ideas, just that we dont need new discussions on them.  Searching for threads can be tedious if you dont use the same wording as someone else and doesnt always work.  Also some dont bother in the first place. 

So I'm asking if people could post the things that they are tired of seeing suggested.  Also for the link(s) to the discussion as well as any official word received on the topic.  I will try and update this first post with the responses to keep it organized.  Hopefully an official thread will exist at some point and mods can feel free to alter things as they see fit of course.  We do the same thing on the Kerbal Space Program forum and it works most of the time.

Also, if you have a link to anything Tynan has stated on a topic, link it to me.

List:  (Please provide links if you can find them!)

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN
Multiplayer <Tynan said, "probably never"
Z-levels (this includes battlements, towers, trenches, tunnels, and other pseudo Z-level stuff)
Extra playable races/aliens/trans-animals/robots/droids <There are no aliens in the lore, anything else is 'almost certainly' a NO
Fog of War and Here <kinda happens with uncovered areas but just doesn't work right for the rest of the time.
Post-Rimworld Space Travel (Playing as the ship you launch, taking off to crash/land on another map) <Stasis simulator, there are easier ways to get a new map.
Guards and patrols.  People who stay drafted and unproductive just in case something happens. <Unless stealth becomes a thing, there just isn't a point to it.
Containers for items, racks and such.Links here
Organ and Bionic removal after death.
Aliens < the LORE is clearly against this and Tynan has stated it many times.

ALREADY DONE
Automatic Toggling of Lights <Sunlamps
Animal husbandry/breeding
Steam Integration/Support Here and Here
Travel, Expedition & Raids (Going to other maps for whatever reason)
Random landing site

IN PROGRESS
New winning conditions. (More endgame content) <this is always ongoing

MIGHT HAPPEN
Multi-core support (Tynan knows this is a thing, stop bringing it up like its a new idea) <If it becomes doable without excessive effort then maybe.

?UNKNOWN? (They just get brought up a LOT) < feel free to clarify
Children, Breeding, or Procreation.  (Lots of threads, most recent and here]https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19102.0] and here)
Vehicles
Basic Needs Suggestions (toilets, garbage, showers, other mundane activities)
Robotics (Roombas and such for cleaning, posted about quite often)
Slaves/Prisoner Workforce
Water, in general or being utilized as a resources.
Fishing
Lightning Rods
Cleaning Zones or Areas (Good idea just no new threads please)
Backpacks (Holding stuff like meals or junk or whatever) also here
Extra weapon slots. (Melee/Ranged, Primary/Pistol, Whatever/Something Else)
Ransoming prisoners back to an AI faction
Non-Lethal weapons
Rideable animals of all sorts.Links here
Prisoner Ransom (calling the pirates to sell their people back to them)

A Reminder!  Check for MODS that do any of these first before suggesting them.

NoImageAvailable

Children. Here's the latest thread on the topic: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11925.0
Its always the same discussion with the same old arguments being rehashed over and over and over, with every thread being functionally identical to all the ones before.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Matthiasagreen

Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Kegereneku

Travel, Expedition & Raids, linked with Vehicles.
You can also add "Fog of War", in particular a page where Tynan explain that RW had FoW but removed it.

/!\ Important Notes :
The above do fit "what not to suggest" but the name carry a bad connotation. We might prefer an "Already Suggested List" for things like "Write an Event" (which by the way certainly merit to be a permanent sticky to save idea for later, Tynan actually called it a gold mine)
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

JimmyAgnt007

What Not To Suggest is what its called on the Kerbal forums so I just used the same here.  lots of things have already been suggested but maybe not to death like the topics id include in the OP.  Some things still need to be talked about.  Otherwise id be keeping a running list of everything posted in suggestions.  lol  if people have genuinely new ideas to discuss on these topics they can do it in the ones we link and not start something new.

Matthiasagreen

here is his response on why steam keys aren't included
http://www.reddit.com/r/RimWorld/comments/2m90ma/why_wont_i_get_the_steam_key_if_i_bought_it_after/

and here is where he says it will get added when it is added, and a bit why it isn't there

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=1970
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Johnny Masters

I've been wanting to do a "grand suggestion list" post for quite some time now (alas, time is short), were we could list both the commonly suggested as well as new ones. That way we prevent idea wanking, prevent cool ideas to vanish, we have a sense of progression while discussing such topics and also an easy place for Tynan to look at we have been suggesting and a place to have his comments on each subject, such as: "yeah, i'm going to do it!" "cool, mods should do it!", "i might do it", "sounds cool but unlikely", "i will probably not do it" and "no way i'm doing it".

We/I might start a new topic with more details (hopefully with links to specific discussions) were first posters dedicate to edit it or you could keep editing this one based on what we throw in the comments. Either way this forum needs this type of topic.

JimmyAgnt007

Id appreciate the help.  Im sure it will evolve as time goes on.  Would be nice to have someone else able to help maintain it.  Can I set the thread to be edited by specific other people?

REMworlder

Don't forget slaves! And maybe also Z levels, though that's died down recently.

Argon

This needs to be stickied at once.  Tynan!

-Argon

RemingtonRyder

Stuck. Good topic, so long as the list gets added to and maintained. :)

Also changed the topic title.

StorymasterQ

That Z-level should add the link to the 2015 Z-level April Fools Mod :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

JimmyAgnt007

Quote from: StorymasterQ on April 07, 2015, 09:07:36 PM
That Z-level should add the link to the 2015 Z-level April Fools Mod :D

id like to keep it serious to help quell rampant suggestions.  but links to the mods that replicate the features listed would be handy if they exist.

akiceabear

Good idea. For the Vehicles and Fog of War links, I suggest starting on the front page of the threads, rather than in the last areas where they were closed due to arguing.

JimmyAgnt007