Bosses, chiefs etc.

Started by UrbanBourbon, April 07, 2015, 09:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UrbanBourbon

What's the purpose of the named bosses in Factions tab in Overview? Do I... kill the bosses if I see them? Capture and convert? Capture and release? Capture and sell to slavers? Do I prepare lavish meals out of their fresh bodies and serve them to colonists and prisoners alike and hope to see the event immortalized in art? Are there any special consequences if a boss is killed in a raid?

SSS

They don't currently show up in raids afaik. Even on occasions where you get a "chief" from a tribe or w/e, it isn't the same person listed in the faction overview.

I could see an attack from a faction leader and his/her personal group as being a special event. (Well, it would be pretty cool, at least.)

skullywag

Well pirate king was a backer reward so maybe itll be that???
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Solarstorm45

Quote from: skullywag on April 07, 2015, 12:59:13 PM
Well pirate king was a backer reward so maybe itll be that???
I've actually had a pirate chief captured, got attacked by about 60 pirates on randy and he was the only survivor pretty sure its just like another colonist except his stats clearly were chosen 19 in shooting 17 in melee plus 2 background buffs for military and all three bonus traits buffing it as well was almost sad he tried to run at my gatling turret, but he had the amazing 99 chance to convert but died before i could save him