A Few Questions

Started by eberkain, April 07, 2015, 10:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eberkain

I want to create a mod, but before my brainstorming gets out of hand I want to know if this is possible.

Create a new map during the game and copy some built items from one map to another.  I'm thinking I will create a new type of floor and any item in a space with that floor type gets copied. 

Honestly, I've answered every other question I've had by looking at other mods and seeing what others have done already.  Damn amazing game and community!

ZioN

If it is possible, it would be incredibly hard to code, I myself am making a small mod for personal use that adds in the MP5, and I can't figure out how to get the weapon to load the texture I have for it. I have been messing around with it for almost 3 hrs now and it still won't work.
"My colonists are always edgy.
Don't ever run a colony like me, I tend to play recklessly."
- CodyRex123

---

"I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context."
- StorymasterQ

eberkain

I saw an older mod that would let you relocate your colony on a new map, so its got to be possible somehow.  I did alot of work with C# when making iPad Apps, so I think I'll be able to figure it out once I get started. 

ZioN

Cool, I might be one of the first people to try it when it's finished. ;)
"My colonists are always edgy.
Don't ever run a colony like me, I tend to play recklessly."
- CodyRex123

---

"I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context."
- StorymasterQ

Haplo

I think the last time this was done was via editing of the savegame xml.

There where two savegames to work with: an old one with the buildings and a new one with the terrain and pawns.
If you mix them together a bit it could result in a working savegame.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this is how it was done the last time.. :)