Alpha 10

Started by MustardGames, April 07, 2015, 11:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MustardGames

Do we have any idea when Alpha 10 is starting?

KillTyrant

Quote from: MustardGames on April 07, 2015, 11:58:40 AM

As posted under the FAQ(frequently asked questions)

What will be in the next version?

- As a rule, we don't announce unfinished features because we can never be sure what they'll look like until we've iterated on them. So to reduce stress, wailing, and gnashing of teeth when the designs change (as they always do, for good reasons) we mostly just don't announce features. This leaves us free to iterate and change things as needed without worrying about pissing off players who were expecting a certain feature to work a certain way.

Silvador

Quote from: KillTyrant on April 07, 2015, 12:15:15 PM
Quote from: MustardGames on April 07, 2015, 11:58:40 AM

As posted under the FAQ(frequently asked questions)

What will be in the next version?

- As a rule, we don't announce unfinished features because we can never be sure what they'll look like until we've iterated on them. So to reduce stress, wailing, and gnashing of teeth when the designs change (as they always do, for good reasons) we mostly just don't announce features. This leaves us free to iterate and change things as needed without worrying about pissing off players who were expecting a certain feature to work a certain way.

TL;DR = No.

RickyMartini

Tynan

Quote from: Skissor on April 07, 2015, 02:53:41 PM
Only Tynan knows.

Actually I don't! Even Tynan doesn't know. If I knew I'd tell you.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Goo Poni

Quote from: Tynan on April 07, 2015, 03:20:15 PM
Quote from: Skissor on April 07, 2015, 02:53:41 PM
Only Tynan knows.

Actually I don't! Even Tynan doesn't know. If I knew I'd tell you.
If you knew, you probably wouldn't wanna tell anyone anyway, lest people take the date as set in stone and hell be unleashed upon the forums when an update doesn't arrive on that date.

Fernbhoy

well seeing as there's no call for beta testers yet, i'd say not Soonâ,,¢

kic

Quote from: Goo Poni on April 07, 2015, 03:32:58 PM
If you knew, you probably wouldn't wanna tell anyone anyway, lest people take the date as set in stone and hell be unleashed upon the forums when an update doesn't arrive on that date.

Having seen that happen for other games in alpha when a dev posts estimates, I know this to be true.

To the topic, I haven't even seen all the new stuff in A9 yet so I'm in no rush for A10!

Tbone9921

I've noticed that when he does a lot of bugfixes for many days in a row, a new update is near.

nottma

Oh i love to speculate. Religion or Relations/Families.

ZioN

In Alpha 10, I would say that the features being worked on currently, as shown by the changelog, will be implemented. The changelog can be found here for those of you who are interested
-> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_rCdGYp3nbSUXFG4Ky96RZW1cJGt9g_6ANZZPOHyNsg/pub
"My colonists are always edgy.
Don't ever run a colony like me, I tend to play recklessly."
- CodyRex123

---

"I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context."
- StorymasterQ

REMworlder

Below is what the past release intervals have looked like. The DISTURBING news? Once we get alpha 11, we'll probably have to wait 100 days for alpha 12! (Just kidding, don't trust linear forecasts!) Though 100 days might actually be realistic...

Alpha 9 - Feb 18
Alpha 8 - Dec 10
Alpha 7 - Oct 1
Alpha 6 - Aug 13
Alpha 5 - July 4
Alpha 4 - June 1
Alpha 3 - April 10
Alpha 2 - Feb 26
Alpha 1 - Jan 27

StorymasterQ

What happened between A4 and A5? I mean, that's a big drop in interval. It's probably skewing the entire graph.

Could also mean that before A5, Tynan just wasn't being as productive as he is now, though.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

ja7833

Quote from: REMworlder on April 07, 2015, 08:42:39 PM
Below is what the past release intervals have looked like.

+1 for charts
"Someone who is making anywhere from $300,000 to $750,000, that's middle class."  - Frederick Heineman

ItchyFlea

Quote from: StorymasterQ on April 07, 2015, 09:12:41 PM
What happened between A4 and A5? I mean, that's a big drop in interval. It's probably skewing the entire graph.

Could also mean that before A5, Tynan just wasn't being as productive as he is now, though.
Apparently Tynan had a vacation prior to the release of Alpha 4: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3262.0
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created