(WIP) More Spaceship Stuff

Started by eberkain, April 07, 2015, 11:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eberkain

Been struggling with how to implement different size engines and not clutter the building interface, there are already alot of parts.  Finally thought about just making the engines an atlas texture so you could built it whatever size and shape you wanted...

Also did get a chance to sit down and get myself up to speed on coding a .dll this weekend.  That and played a couple games of A10.

skellitor301

*Eagerly awaits for release;D

eberkain

Shield Emitter - Shield Generator - Short Range Scanner

apljee

So, does this mean that instead of building a colony I could just build a spaceship until it's ready to escape?

RimworldOx

What a great idea ♡ maybe one day.

Source

Loading data... 》」►〉┊〔】
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Translating data...D8ODN5E
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Done...

Ah man, you should work hard to make this, i like how is going with the theme, the Shield Generator, the FTL Core remembers me Faster Than Light. Is very impressive, keep up the good work dude.

Dragnov

Amazing looking texture set. Hope you will get around to finishing it!

Almantuxas

Will we be able to like, use spaceships for traveling, or maybe even raiding? If you think that this is a great addition, start working on it when you finish the main things.

SpaceDorf

you guys noticed the thread necromancy ?
Right ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Dragoon

What are your plans for this? Do you plan to add in space exploration/combat and or mining? Or is it just a cooler escape-ship?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Soupy Delicious

I'd take the texture work as-is. Implement them as dummies and we can play Spaceships.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.