[TOOL A8-15] RimSearch (Updated 11.07.2016) - The Research Tree Graph Generator

Started by 1000101, April 08, 2015, 07:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manelmp66

deadlydullahan

so I've spent quite a bit of time trying to find a way to edit the research tree with no luck; so that I could lock certain mod-implemented items behind research rather than having those items from the start of the game. Would you happen to know if there's any way to create new research options that allow me to lock these items behind it and then using this tool to organize those new research trees?

@manelmp66:

The download links are at the bottom of the original post.  They seem to be there for me...?

@deadlydullahan:

The program shows a list of files which define the research defs.  You can click on those to open the files.  The research tree is pretty simple to edit and modify, just remember that the last mod loaded takes precedence.  So make your own "research tree mod" which simply overrides the mods linking the tree as you like.  You can do this with RimSearch open and just hit 'F5' to reload the tree from the files (be sure to save the xml files before refreshing the tree).
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.