Rimworld equivalent of MC forge dictionary.

Started by 123nick, April 08, 2015, 07:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123nick

as someone who uses alot of mods, ive noticed many mods having "overlapping" items, for example: both mechanical defense 2 and glitter tech (i think) both have a resource called silicon, yet they are used differently and cannot be used interchangeably. i think it would be great if we had a rimworld equivalent of the minecraft "forge dictionary" where we can have a system of items from different mods being used interchangeably, or at the very least a way of converting items from one mod into an item of another mod (like MD2 silicon to GT silicon, or M&Co electronic circuits to GT computer components, and vice versa). it wouldnt be too hard to mod in, just a small workbench that can be made very cheaply and with alot of recipes for converting items. what do you think of this? i think it may be hard to balance, but not impossible.

soltysek

Hi .

This kinde of mod will be dificult to make in a way you thing . MC Forg ore dic wos introduce to moders realy small group wich colaborate together how its supous to work . But this can be easy to achive by any mod pack creator since all items are coded in xml any one can modify it so you can modify you file and add this materials to your recipe or recip to support matterials from other mod. So no special mod is not req. will be enough if moders colaborate each one on forum to make cross suport .