Are we going in the right way?

Started by Enjoyment, April 09, 2015, 03:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like the way of Rimworld evolving?

Yeap, I'm in for 100%!!!
39 (54.9%)
"I trust in Tynan" (c), but I have some doubts.
23 (32.4%)
I had a pirate raid just a minute ago, and I don't care what are you talking about!
2 (2.8%)
I think Tynan could turn a wrong way, but I still hope...
6 (8.5%)
The more 'phas I get, the more dissapointed I am.
1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: April 24, 2015, 03:55:40 PM

Enjoyment

[WARNING: Bad English ahead! (you're we warned)]

So, guys...
It will be a little difficult to me to make sure, you all could get my point (especially The Ty). But, I'll try...

First of all - Im a fanatic fan of RW and love It as it is. And love the comunity, built by Tynan here, but...

I was not excited for alpha 9... No, I was glad when it was released, and still playing it a lot (even A LOOOOT) of time. And it is still cool as hell. Honestly, Rimworld is the best game-in-developement I ever saw, but...

Yeap, there's allways "but" for me. Its just a kind of my personality.

I read Devblog changlelog everyday and I look forward for "A10" and could imagine it will be "Get to the Fun!" or "Time for Relaxxx!" label. And Im sure it will still be a good old RW, and I definately will play it. But (I hope it will be the last one)...

Do you really share the way RW goes? Do you like some content/functions updates or would you prefer more "AI improvement" updates? Did you have a dream of "No more micromanagement!" update?..

P.S.: It's not a whine, Ireally just want to understand the community mood - to make sure, is it something wrong with me or with my fav game...
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...

Brethern

I invested in Rimworld awhile back and I try to play each new version for at least an hour. As it stands I'm quite happy with the development I have a few nitpicks but they're mostly for superficial things that aren't affecting my ability to enjoy the game.

loc978

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, you would want development to focus more on polished gameplay, less on new features? I think that might drive Tynan crazy. Seems to me that AI optimization and such is the hard, grindy work... new features is the fun, creative work. We've got to consider his RL mood/joy meters if we want this game released someday.

So I'm down with the balance we're getting. I think the development is being properly managed.

TheSilencedScream

I'm enjoying it, and I've liked everything I've experienced thus far, but I do plan on hanging on to each previous alpha, in case it ever does hit something that I disagree with or don't enjoy.
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

RickyMartini

I'm enjoying it and since I am able to help with testing, I'm consuming this game even more lately.

Ink.

Well.

A. It's an alpha, and at that A10 is just another alpha release. It's hardly a fair judgement of what way the game overall is going based on what one update focuses on. There will always be releases and changes that people disagree with, that you will not escape.

B. It's a simulation game. Fun/Boredom is part of simulation when you're talking about humans as it is a need. Think about your daily life and how much time you spend doing things that are fun. Imagine now you're a colonist in a new world and you're essentially trying to start your own civilization and defend it from people who are willing to kill you just for the stuff you own. The colonists probably desire fun due to their harsh circumstances more than I do because I want to procrastinate on this paper.

I'm generally having a great time. Although fun/boredom I feel are an important part, I wouldn't say they're my favorite part. But none the less, I'm happy to see them and I think there's nothing that can really say the RW ship is sinking. It's so crazy to me that we're only 10 Alphas in and the game just slightly expands each Alpha. Guess part of the fun is the open-sandbox elements of it compared to a game like PA that has 31 Alphas but can only vary so much.

RemingtonRyder

I think Alpha 10 goes some way to addressing the item micromanagement which you have to do in Alpha 9.

I like the way that Tynan adds a bit of extra content, improves systems, and most importantly irons out bugs with each release. If he had more people on board he could do more - as far as I know he's still looking to hire.

SSS

If at any point I'm so bothered by the direction that I no longer want to play, I'll either try to mod out the offending elements or I'll just stick to previous versions.

I really doubt that will happen, though. Tynan's been doing a good job. His approach is probably ideal for an indie developer, from a player perspective. We get new features all the time and he interacts with and incorporates ideas from the community often.

Boboid

Tbh the game development is going at a breakneck pace compared to most alpha/beta/early access products that're of a comparable nature.

Regardless of whether or not you like the direction the game is currently focusing on it's moving so quickly that it'll likely arrive at your own personal preference sooner than you might think.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

CheeseGromit

I'm happy with the direction and looking forward to A10, in theory it looks to address some of the issues I have with the current gameplay. I'll see for certain when I get my hands on it. I'm also looking forward to future changes and versions, I've only been here a relatively short time but think the core game is getting better with each release.

If in doubt I'll mod it to best suit my tastes. I'll have to make a mental note to keep hold of older versions.

As mentioned above, it's inevitable that something people like gets changed or removed. See fertiliser pumps and soon to be tree planting as recent examples.

w00d

Stop playing already for a since err 7? 8? I found the increase micromanagement was less fun and more tedious and i end up having to mod the game to turn stuff off or change some values etc.

so waiting for the final release and then the mods before playing again

UMK

I haven't read after 'Bud inglisch ahed!', but have to notice that vote should include 'I'm Batman' option to reflect the topic.