Can my laptop run Rimworld?

Started by YouGotOwnd, April 09, 2015, 04:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouGotOwnd

I've been following Rimworld through some playthroughs and series on Youtube, and I always liked the city builder, anything builder game, and Rimworld is certainly a game that interests me. I'm sadly a console gamer and I want to know what computer specs are required to play Rimworld.
My computer's UNRIVALED specs are: (HP Pavilion g7)

Processor AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

Video Card AMD Radeon HD 6520G

Memory 3.6 GB

Is Rimworld gonna be a lagfest or am I going to have a relatively smooth experience?
"Man, I tell you what, I'll tell you this, I want to have my kicks before the whole sh*t house goes up in flames."- Jim Morrison

PotatoeTater

You should be fine, my girlfriend has a computer worst than yours and she runs it just fine. Play on a map size smaller than 325 by 325 and you will only get light lag if you have a lot of colonists.
Life is Strange

YouGotOwnd

Thanks man, I've made some pretty dumb mistakes buying a few games that is beyond my computer's limitations.
"Man, I tell you what, I'll tell you this, I want to have my kicks before the whole sh*t house goes up in flames."- Jim Morrison

PotatoeTater

You should be fine, just expect a little bit but everyone gets some from time to time.
Life is Strange

Coenmcj

And it generally gets better from alpha to alpha, so if it's laggy for you now, try again next alpha. :)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

UMK

>Laptop
>run
I'd say it can walk Rimworld  ;D