Hauling efficiency bug!

Started by VortecusMaximus, April 09, 2015, 08:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VortecusMaximus

I found an issue which needs addressing... Imagine 2 stockpiles. One stockpile has a higher priority than the other. Let's use raw meat as an example. I have 75 raw meat in one stockpile and 75 in the other. 10 raw meat was taken out of the higher priority stockpile to make a single simple meal. The hauling colonists then pick up all 75 raw meat (the stack) from the lower priority stockpile to refill the 10 meat that's missing from the high priority stockpile, only to place 10 meat down and return the 65 meat back to the low priority stockpile. This can be resolved by the colonist only picking up the 10 to "restock" instead of the whole stack. This is very frustrating when you have two stockpiles a fair distance away from each other and the colonists are running two journeys instead of one.

Teague

I think this likely should be in suggestions.

That being said, I +1 the idea for the future, although, I don't know if it would take under an hour to code.

skullywag

Hauler takes 10 from lower stockpile amd heads off to other stockpile. More stuff gets taken from higher stockpile. Hauker drops 10 but now needs more, has to do another trip....however this will happen less than every trip as it currently stands so +1 should be addressed.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Teague

Quote from: skullywag on April 10, 2015, 12:24:51 PM
Hauler takes 10 from lower stockpile amd heads off to other stockpile. More stuff gets taken from higher stockpile. Hauker drops 10 but now needs more, has to do another trip....however this will happen less than every trip as it currently stands so +1 should be addressed.
There could maybe be an option to "Only haul to this stockpile when 75x is needed" Of course you would have to give a reserved token to let the stockpile know not to request multiple haulers to bring 75.

skullywag

Personally id like a "keep [num] in stockpile" type dealy. Almost exactly like the do until you have bill type.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?