"Battle Stations!" button

Started by obuw, November 20, 2013, 07:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

obuw

It sometimes feels tedious that whenever a raider attack occurs, I have to select each of my colonists, draft them, and either force them to move to their quarters (to keep them safe) or force them to move to their positions behind the sandbags so they can defend the base.

Wouldn't it be nice if I could just set up a "safe zone" for my civilians and a "battle position" for each soldier colonist, so whenever a raider attack is about to happen I can press a "battle stations" button, which tells each soldier to move to their battle position, and prevents civilians from leaving the safe zone?

Semmy

This has already been suggested in multiple combat topics... This topic i new out of my head because of its catching name.
Please continue the discussion in those topics.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

teph117

I second this, especially when I have some guy wandering off in the middle of nowhere and I have to search for everyone, and then take the time to place them where they need to be. time consuming and tedious. In real life people should just know where they need to be in case of an attack. You don't see our military officers running around to all the soldiers and telling each one of them exactly the position they have to be in.