Food question

Started by Morlow, April 11, 2015, 01:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morlow

Is there any way to assign a specific meal to colonists? I would like to feed my needy colonists the nicer meals but all my colonists automatically eat them, even when they don't need the mood buff. I haven't been able to locate any way to forbid or assign meals to people.

wiseman207

If you control a colonist, you right click on the food that you want the colonist to eat, and then you just click "eat food" or whatever it is. Or you can just forbid whatever food you don't want the colonist to eat.

Kaballah

I know you can assign a food stockpile inside a prison room that will only allow prisoners to take food from it (and incidentally makes the food delivery job obsolete) - I'm pretty sure if you assign a food stockpile to a particular colonist's room then only the owner of the room will be allowed to take from it.  Useful if you want to force your prisoners to eat human flesh but save the good stuff for your colonists  8)

UMK

Actually setting food stockpile in prison helped my colonists to survive in extremely harsh climate AKA glacier. In Superior Crafting mod - where it's not quite simple to set up hydroponics, they had to live on 4 tiles of hydroponics growing agave until I've managed to buy more wood and research nutrient paste.