Mod Request: Item Break Down

Started by Zapp Brannigan, April 13, 2015, 09:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapp Brannigan

Hi all,

I am looking for a fairly simple (in theory) mod that allows the break down of items. This is mostly aimed at clothing, but could work for anything.

Basically what I want to do is take my damaged clothing (or undamaged but unused clothing) and break them down into their base materials, cloth shirt into cloth, hyperweave hat into hyperweave, ect. to be reused for other apparel.

The way I think it should be balanced is that the amount of items you get back depends on both the quality and the deterioration level of the item you break down. For example an item with Superior quality and is still at 100% should give back the full resources, where as an item of Awful quality and 50% deterioration should give back say the number of resources used minus 4 (quality level) the result times by 0.5 (for deterioration) and then rounded up to the nearest whole positive number (rounded up so that the minimum is always at least 1 unit returned).

I think the crafting table used should have different bills for each item as well as a bill for all clothing types, so that way you may choose to only break down specific items, such as parkas (as you live in the desert and need pants) or cowboy hats (because cowboy hats are not as useful as a Tuque in the arctic) or break down all clothing items.

It should also have 3 options that can be adjusted, the first obviously should be a check list for the material types it is allowed to break down, for example break down cloth and boar leather but not muffalo leather.

The seconds should choose what quality level and below to break down, this will make it so you can decide you only want your people to break down low quality clothing or even force them to keep only high quality and forgo superior and below.

Third should be to state what deterioration percentage and below to use. So that you can have your people recycle your frayed clothing while leaving perfectly fine clothing alone.

I would love to make this mod myself but I simply do not have the know-how or skill to implement it properly. Any response would be fantastic!

skullywag

And how do you suggest we work out what meterials the item in question is made from? Take leathers for example. How do I know a shirt is made of boomrat leather? The only place that info appears is in the name and relying on a string is icky at best...my point being this has come up before but unless someone can solutionise the above problem it can only ever be done in a bad way.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

soltysek

yeah only work around can be  create " recycled material " and strip all to this one material as a balance factor recycled material is poor quality and you will create only low stat apparel whit it . whot about other factors you point you will need to write new jobdriver to point to pawn look around map for right indigrents whit this and this properts and new Ibill tab to put factor options , as for me its over my posibilites ;)

Zapp Brannigan

Quote from: soltysek on April 14, 2015, 03:31:20 AM
yeah only work around can be  create " recycled material " and strip all to this one material as a balance factor recycled material is poor quality and you will create only low stat apparel whit it . whot about other factors you point you will need to write new jobdriver to point to pawn look around map for right indigrents whit this and this properts and new Ibill tab to put factor options , as for me its over my posibilites ;)

Ah see I didn't realise the issues involved in this. Perhaps a good suggestion would be to have two crafting tables (and research options) one that breaks clothing down into recycled "weave" (a generic applied to all clothing) which can then be reformed into specific clothing materials at the other bench.

cy-one

I would be completely with an item-break-down into the "least denominator", for example weapons into iron (no matter if they were made of plasteel) and clothing into "cloth" (same thing here).