Extortion

Started by hector212121, April 14, 2015, 11:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hector212121

Basically, it'd be nice if pirates and tribes could go, "That's a nice colony you got there. Be a shame if something happened to it...."

I mean, really, what's worth more--Fifty thousand silver now, or five pieces of art each worth 3000 a day?

If your ability to produce wealth is greater than your current wealth multiplied by X, you should recieve demands on comm consoles. Accepting demands would mollify the group and adjust up, say, 2 points, while saying you can't would drop you 10. Point blank refusing would drop you by 100 points and make them stop demanding--either because they like you enough to overlook it(yeah right) or because now they're sieging you.

Sveinbjorn

I feel like you should be able to bribe siegers or something to get them to go away.

UrbanBourbon

Oh man. When I saw the title, I thought you'd be suggesting ransom for kidnapped enemies, or possibly kidnapped colonists. Hostage negotiations. Hostage exchanges. Hostage exchanges gone wrong (and a firefight ensues). Hostage exchanges between two rival non-player factions taking place in player territory. My god that would be glorious.... glorious potential for chaos and carnage.

hector212121

Both ways, maybe.

I imagine that hostile exchanges going wrong would push reputations under 100, and if they were under 100 then you can't negotiate at all.