Welcome change to cremation

Started by TLHeart, April 20, 2015, 03:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLHeart

I just want to say thank you Ty for the auto strip of bodies before cremation. One less micro management step, and less hauling. 

For those who have not discovered it, when a body is cremated, the cloths and gear are dropped on the ground around the crematorium.

Th game just keeps getting better.

CheeseGromit

Agreed, that's a seemingly simple but very welcome change.

Silvador

Sounds like a great addition. Not used the crematorium much myself (mostly because I've not gotten to having it available), but I imagine it would help avoid accidentally incinerating wanted items such as armour or personal shields.

Arigas

I think it also does it with the graves as well, though I haven't seen it personally

Kaballah

Corpses being buried in graves aren't stripped, but butchered ones are.

The Void

well that will save me lots of time by letting my cooks strip the meat bags while they are preparing them.

keylocke

cool. does this apply to butchering too?

i haven't checked yet. since i've been manually stripping corpses. lol

Mikhail Reign

Yeah, very good change. Only problem I've noticed is if your dead bodies stockpile is right by the crematorium, the stripped clothes will quickly 'fill' the stockpile (especially later game raiders since each raider can have 4-5 articles of clothes) as they spread out, meaning you can only auto cremate as fast as your haulers can carry away the clothing. I've found a work around by having a second stockpile near by also for dead bodies on a lower priority so that the haulers will still get the bodies off the ground, and then eventually move them to the crematorium once they have cleared the clothes.

keylocke

i wish there was an option to cremate only rotting or dessicated corpses.

The Void

best way i've found to do that is to make the crematorium only look for corpses in a short radius and have the stockpile by it have a lower priority then your freezer.  So only fresh corpses go into the freezer and spoiled ones go next the the fire.

karomaas

now only if there was a way to sell those million tattered clothes to traders in a single drag.

EscapeZeppelin

Quote from: keylocke on April 20, 2015, 01:54:10 PM

It's a round about method but you could use the stockpile's ability to allow "rotten" to sort them. A stockpile allowing rotten within the crematorium's search range while another stockpile outside the range not allowing rotten would sort them and then the crematorium would only grab the decayed ones.

Mikhail Reign

Quote from: keylocke on April 20, 2015, 01:54:10 PM

There is. Set the quality level on the crematorium at a lower %. I fant remember what the exact numbers are but find a corpse that is as rotted as you want, check it's hp, find out that percentage that is and make a bill to only cremate corpses at that level or lower. You could achieve the same thing by having a stockpile that only accepted corpses at that level or lower, and a bill on the crematorium with only that stockpile in range.

Tynan

Thank you OP! I'd actually forgotten about doing this, but it's nice when people notice any of the piles of little improvements I'm always trying to make :)
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

antibodee

Wish I had read this earlier.  I've been micromanaging the crematorium through my whole last game.