Dealing with the dead

Started by rtiger, April 14, 2015, 03:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtiger

Not sure how to make a poll here, but how do you all deal with your dead?
1)Graves
2)Crematorium
3)Destroy with grenades
4)Butchers table
5)Dump in a stockpile
6)Other

postm00v

Crematorium for enemies, I make tombes in a mausoleum for my colonists.

RemingtonRyder

Depends on whether they're still moving. ;)

skullywag

Butcher for meat and leather.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

antibodee

Butcher them all and turn the human meat into fresh new organs (advanced prosthetics mod).

PotatoeTater

I bury my colonists in fancy graveyards and keep my enemies frozen in case i need extra clothes or food and leather.
Life is Strange

HeartsF

Same as antibodee, since I activate the prosthetics mod, I need the human meat for new organs

PineyCreek

I've been playing with the Superior Craft mod and use them to make biomatter which is a base material to make organs or heal those pesky scars.

In vanilla I just bury them until I find time to research the crematorium. It's not a high priority, just as long as they are out of the way. I wish we could build a grand tomb, but that's been discussed in a different thread.

hunter2012

mass stockpile outside my fort

loc978

My favorite way is still the old way, from before the advent of the crematorium. Dig out a massive cave, fill it with corpses, toss in a molotov or three.

But I kind of do all of the above. Sometimes I decide before I start that we're going the molotov route, sometimes the mass grave route, occasionally the butchery route... but usually I just use a crematorium. It's the one that requires the least planning.

Kaballah

If your chef has one of cannibal, bloodlust or psychopath, there is no downside to butchering them, it's just free resources.  Plus you can stockpile the meat in prison areas and prisoners will num num num the raw human flesh   ;D

cy-one

UMK

I just leave them where they are unless they have some juicy prosthesics. In arctic biome they will never rot, slowing and demoralizing incoming invaders.

The Void

butcher for meat and leather.  I have made a killing from selling human meat to the bulk goods trader and have constructed a nice lounge for my colonists with human leather chairs.

Demoulius

graves for my colonists. I let the bodies of my slain enemies heap up till ive researched the crematorium and I can spaare enough resources (and manpower) to build and man one.

I interested in the "tossing a molotov cocktail into a cave" option though. Thats sounds pretty interesting :D how do you just randomly toss a molotov cocktail into an open cave though?