Forum rules (old)

Started by Hypolite, October 04, 2013, 08:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

Quote from: topp2000 on May 19, 2016, 08:42:28 AM
Rule 13, means that do not welcome users can not speak English?

Rule 13 does not mean non-English speakers are unwelcome.  It means non-English speakers should use a translation service to read and post.  I know this is an inconvenience, and I apologize for that.

If there are multiple languages being used in a thread, it quickly becomes confusing and it breaks down the community and the ability to communicate.  (Are you familiar with the story of the Tower of Babel?)  The community is the reason this forum exists, so we do what we can to protect and promote the community.  Rather than require everyone to have to translate everything from multiple langues, and rather than multiple people having their own separate conversations within a thread, we have chosen the 1 most common language (English) as the default language so that everyone can better participate.

Again, I know that means extra work for you, and I'm sorry about that.  This is our best solution right now.  Do you know of a better way to include other languages?  If so, I'd love to hear it!  :)

topp2000

Lizardo

Where is the suggestion thread? Maybe a link to it in the OP would help.
http://apatheticagnostic.com/ourchurch/intro.html
http://www.amazon.com/The-Ominous-Parallels-Freedom-America/dp/0452011175

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius. - abbot Arnaud Amalric prior to the Massacre at Béziers

Marvin the Martian

Quote from: Lizardo on October 22, 2016, 11:22:07 AM
Where is the suggestion thread? Maybe a link to it in the OP would help.

Thread? There's a whole sub-forum! Rimworld >> Suggestions instead of Rimworld >> General Discussion.

travin

The old standby "Don't be a dick/jerk" is always a good addition. The adjective is vague for a reason, subject to moderator interpretation. Which also helps keep moderators in line, too, because we're monitoring how they handle themselves.

IronArc

The problem is that I go through google trad and that the word to use by this is aproximative so no comprehention in the langua of it (a sentence like hello has you how you go this transforms into hi you you go how to)

Tynan

I've posted a new rules thread here. Future discussion should continue there. Thanks all.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog