[A10] [MODPACK] Skullywags OmniPack V1.3 (Last update - 02 May)

Started by skullywag, April 15, 2015, 02:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

POST IN BUILD PLEASE BEAR WITH ME!

For full pack download see bottom of post.

Individual downloads are on their relevant sections.

This is my personal modpack of all the mods ive built.

It currently contains:

Weapon Changes

Download OmniWeapons

A total overhaul of the vanilla weapons to make ballistics less lethal (about half the vanilla damage) this allows me to add in more tiers of weapons and not have them super OP and gives a feeling of progression and something to aim for. All weapons that are "ballistics" have a chance to jam based on their quality, it ranges from about 16% at awful to 0% at legendary. All weapons come with top down graphics for use when they are attached to turrets, which all ranged weaponry (including bows, excluding rockets) can do, this facility replaces the vanilla "free" turret.

An additional set of weapons that go into the same category as the vanilla ballistic weapons in that they dont do super damage. All these weapons jam based on quality.

AK47   MP5   Revolver   SA80   TAR21

Some other lower tier and explosive weapons that dont fit the ballistics category, these do not jam:

Flaregun   Flamethrower   RPG

Fires a flare that
lights an area if it hits
land, if it hits a pawn
it sets them on fire.
   Doesnt do physical
damage but sets stuff
(and squirrels) on fire

Some advanced weapons which are rather expensive:

Railgun
Vaporises targets
if it hits.

A set of less lethal weapons all of which are designed to help capture.

Stungun   Tazer   BeanBagShotgun   StunGrenades

Uses a new damagedef
of spasm to inflict incredible
pain hopefully downing
a target before killing them.
   Uses a new damagedef
of spasm to inflict incredible
pain hopefully downing
a target before killing them.
   stuns targets in place.   stuns targets in place.

A new tier of weapons above the classic vanilla ballistics that im terming "advanced ballistics", The art for these is derived from the indie game Xenonauts, these weapons can jam based on quality:

BallisticPistol   BallisticCarbine   BallisticRifle   BallisticScattergun   BallisticShotgun   BallisticPrecisionRifle

also adds an improved grenade in this tier, the Incendiary Grenade (improved molotov):

IncendiaryGrenade

the next tier of weapons is Laser, these weapons do pretty much the same damage as the untouched vanilla weapons, slightly less in some cases though, they also have a small chance to stun the target. Lasers do not Jam. The art for these is derived from the indie game Xenonauts. Massive credit to Rikiki for the projectile code without him these wouldnt exist.

LaserPistol   LaserCarbine   LaserRifle   LaserScattergun   LaserShotgun   LaserPrecisionRifle

also adds an improved grenade in this tier, the Fusion Grenade (high damage, lower spread):

FusionGrenade

The next tier is Charge weapons, these are based on the charge rifle from vanilla. Charge weapons do not jam.

ChargePistol   ChargeCarbine   ChargeRifle    ChargeScattergun   ChargeShotgun   ChargePrecisionRifle

also adds an improved grenade in this tier, the Charge Grenade (medium damage, higher spread):

ChargeGrenade

The next tier is Plasma weapons, these are high energy, very accurate weapons. Plasma weapons do not jam. The art for these is derived from the indie game Xenonauts.

PlasmaPistol   PlasmaCarbine   PlasmaRifle   PlasmaScattergun   PlasmaShotgun   PlasmaPrecisionRifle

This tier also has a minigun derivative:

PlasmaHeavy

also adds an improved grenade in this tier, the Plasma Grenade (High damage, higher spread):

PlasmaGrenade

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Floor/Terrain Changes

Download OmniFloors

All terrain types are now buildable given the right resources are held.

All the stone based terrain needs the relevant stone blocks to build, water/mud can be built over with wooden platforms (and then have terrain placed over them) the dirt and water based terrain however needs a couple of extra things:

CompostBin   WaterWell

Food placed here will
rot faster than normal
and will turn into compost
when near to destroying
   The well needs to be
placed near a natural water
source and will allow
colonists to get buckets
of water, requires wood
for the buckets

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lighting changes

Download OmniLighting

All lighting (baring vanilla) comes with the ability to pick a colour, just tap the button at the bottom of the screen when youve got a light selected and you can cycle through the colours of the rainbow...literally...all 7 colours. Theres an OmniLamp (vanilla texture) a wall light, a ceiling light and a path light (this ones due to change in future I want it to be solar but itll still be multicoloured).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power changes

Download OmniPower

Some significant changes to power generation happen in this pack, first off everything is stuff based, the material you build your power buildings from will effect its stats. The order is usually: (from worst to best) Steel > Silver > Gold > Uranium > Plasteel. Solar panels also have multiple size choices available.

Conduits

Material stuff effects HitPoints, Beauty and Flammability (uranium is not flammable)

Solar Panels

Material stuff effects amount of power produced, HitPoints, Beauty and Flammability (uranium is not flammable)

GeoThermal Generators

Material stuff effects amount of power produced, HitPoints, Beauty and Flammability (uranium is not flammable)

Wind Turbines

Batteries

Batteries arent made from stuff in the normal sense due to some limitations of changing stats and the stuff system and battery comps, so these are separate in the build list until that issue is resolved. Ive set each one to have a similar tier of stats to what they would receive if they were stuffed, so Uranium batteries arent top in efficiency or storage but are non flammable and dont start fires in the rain, gold and silver batteries have above 0 beauty and plasteel batteries have the best efficiency and storage.

MechanoidPowerCell

You receive these from butchering mechanoids at a machining table. They can be used to build:

PowerCell

Using plasteel and mechanoid power cells you can build a stable power source, it does however generate a lot of heat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extra storage

Download OmniStorage

Adds storage buildings to store most resources.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crafting changes

Download OmniCrafting

Makes some changes to crafting and progression, most things in the game are now craftable, synthread, hyperweave, medicine, glitterworld medicine, armour vests, powerarmour, all helmets, sand and sandbags (for sandbag walls). Stuff based recipes are a little confusing so let me know if some dont make sense in the UI. Cotton and Devilstrand plants now drop their natural resource and will need an extra step to create the cloth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defensive changes

Download OmniDefence

Adds shields, embrasures and explosives.

BlastingCharge   BoomRatBlastingCharge   ShellBlastingCharge   NuclearBlastingCharge   PersonalShieldMk2   Landmine   

A simple blasting charge..   Seeing as these little critters explode into a ball of flames, makes sense to utilise this trait.   By strapping a shell to a blasting charge you have turned a mining tool into a weapon. Desperate times call for desperate measures.   Uranium + Bomb. You do the math.   A single-person energy shield device. Like its predecessor it will attempt to stop any rapidly-moving projectile or energy attack that comes from a distance. It does nothing against melee attacks or shots from point-blank range. However it allows projectiles to pass from within itself using directional detection.   An explosive which explodes when stepped on. Arms after 30 seconds. Use with caution.

Also contains an improvised shield building, uses 2 personal shields (vanilla ones) to create a larger field, changes size based on how much energy it has.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faction changes

Download OmniFactions

Adds 1 new faction of outcasts, from the def:

A community of former big corporation employees. These people have lived here for decades or centuries, cast out from the large corporations that used to employ them for numerous reasons, they now band together in the rimworlds. They work with multiple levels of technologies due to potential new members bringing tech as barter to join the colonies. They are concerned with the practical matters of trade, trust, survival.

Basically another set of outlanders but they structure themselves like a company, so they have Human Resources, security guard, line managers...etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical changes

Download OmniMedical

OmniMedical adds the Auto Heal Casket it uses medial gel to automatically cure wounds and diseases (useful for single pawn starts). It also allows some extra medical procedures to fix some of the vanilla injuries (removable eyes, ears, nose, jaws, spine, pelvis etc..) moves badm back and frail to the spine so they can be fixed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event changes

Download OmniEvents

OmniEvents adds the meteors mod and the razorrain mod currently. Basically stuff falls from space giving you free stuff at the cost of potentially landing on your face.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download as whole pack
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hsa87hmtue352b1/OmniPack1.3.zip

separate downloads (please ask if you want something split out)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xspaovtmplu4914/ShapedCharge.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/c6sg7rpvzzed2b0/NonLethals.zip

Change log:

v1.0 - Initial release
v1.1 - Minor fixes and balance tweaks, Added dart board. Added PowerCell.
v1.2 - Fixes to the CryptoHeal Casket
v1.3 - Fixed bug in personal shield, added worktimes to some recipes.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

dareddevil7

holy bleep yes skully
will use, need a new set of mods to supplement gameplay with anyways, you are awesome

skullywag

Updated post with image of some weapons. Ill add more details as i find time.

blaze7736

your just keep bring out sexy mods so its good to see them in a sexy pack  ;)

Stup-krou

You so sexy Skully, no rest for the wicked.
Very nice work !

Ramsis

I want more than a picture of one thing if possible Skully. I'm not picking you mod on weapons so much as the everything else; gotta work on that catering skill brother ;)

Also I hope to see a lot of fun options out of you down the line.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

skullywag

Im on it Ramsis. Hard to find the time to do all the updates and get the thread sorted. Im a dad of a 1.5 year old with another due in less than a month so you can imagine how busy I am....however expect ALL details on this thread by the end of the night ;)

Also keep in mind this is a modpack of all my old stuff plus some new. So most of the info can be found in my other threads.

And you mean "joy" right ;)

123nick

those textures, they are from the game Xenonauts. im not sure if this is copyright infringing, but i dont care. also, does this mod change many vanila things? i want to use it with other mods but im afraid it might cause incompatibility or unbalanced. i do like the weapon tiers, however.

skullywag

Quote from: 123nick on April 16, 2015, 02:57:01 PM
those textures, they are from the game Xenonauts. im not sure if this is copyright infringing, but i dont care. also, does this mod change many vanila things? i want to use it with other mods but im afraid it might cause incompatibility or unbalanced. i do like the weapon tiers, however.

They are (I LOVE nauts and the job that rmory studios did on the weapons) but they are so heavily pixelated that i hardly doubt it would matter, if the devs see this and want me to remove it I will do so, if anything its free advertising, its not an excuse though so if Tynan or anyone feels offended or feels it is not in the spirit of things just say and that mod will go private for my own use.

In regards to your other question, it lowers the damage done by vanilla ballistic weapons, makes all power producer stuffed, so building a plasteel solar panel will yield more power production for example. Allows most of the "why cant i replace that body part???" to be gotten around, so if you wanna farm eyes and spines go for it. Synthread and hyperweave can be made by very skilled craftsmen with certain ingredients, but its a long nd costly process from end to end. Cotton and devilstrand dont produce the material they produce raw material to make the cloth from. Medicine is craftable again by skilled craftsmen and uses higher tier fabrics. Armour is craftable and is stuffed, low quality armour is not as good as the vanilla stuff, so youll need good craftsmen to get decent armour from making your own. Everything else is just flavour, i dont think theres anything else ive overidden.....

skullywag

More pics added, I have more but no more time tonight...ive spotted some issues with the turetgun textures that ill fix when i can, they are currently huge lol!

dareddevil7

could you add some variant of weapon crafting, but like require a complex set of items, like springs and grips and pins, like how you have complex recipes for items.

Also, are the trade drone pads just storage or do they do something?

skullywag

Ive been debating weapon crafting for a while....its not hard to implement really but it is hard to balance. I have something on paper that i think can work. I just need more time to work out the kinks...

Stup-krou

I just have a question SKully, i wanted to know if the mending table also made it to A10 in your pack. I didnt see any mention of it.
Once again, very nice work Skully

skullywag

Mending table wasnt my mod. This is only my mods currently. I use it as a base to give me the features i need (the stuff i build) then add mods to it. Im not currently at the adding phase as most mods havent updated yet.

mcduff

I like the idea that you need guns to make turrets but I'm finding it problematic in the early game because you end up with only a couple of turrets available. Is there a way of making a basic "bow turret" style thing that you can craft from scratch without having to trade for?