[A10] [MODPACK] Skullywags OmniPack V1.3 (Last update - 02 May)

Started by skullywag, April 15, 2015, 02:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Ive just come to the same conlusion, the defs arent so bad its the source dll code and batching that up that gets confusing, but if i just match the def structure somewhat for the dll stuff I should get something workable. I can then handle the "could I have [insert mod here] as a separate download" requests individually. Im still debating if its worth keepin the other threads updated if I do that, it fits the mod forum rules better if they arent all spread out and it IS easier for me.....decisions....hmmm

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Latta

You can just change MODPACK to MODLIST and put all in this thread :D

MightyGooga

Hey, like the mod! But dont like the concept of not beeing able to build vanilla turrets. Can you fix that?

skullywag

Open building_security and rename the omniturret def from improvisedTurret to something else im basically overwriting the defname so using another will free up the vanilla one to do what it needs to. So to be clear find the omniturret and change the "defname" to anything.

daveboy2000

Say, is it possible we can download bits seperately again like in A9? I like some parts (nonlethal weapons for example), but not others, so it'd be a great convenience.

skullywag

Yep im gonna split the more popular bits out into individual dls, i know things like the less lethals amd the shaped charges are popular so theyll be first. Keep an eye out tonight. Ill be active from after 7.30 (when the little one goes to bed ;) ) itll be up around then.

Ill probably put the download links at the bottom of the relevant section...have to find a new colour :p

Elixiar

So is there anyway I can just activate the weapons for instance?

Its a cool assortment of mods but I am a fairly 'lite' person when it comes to mods, I only like small changes. So is there a way to say use only the awesome guns? ;D

I also know a big fat 0 when it comes to doing things myself so trying would be futile.
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

skullywag

bare with me..im on it, splitting the mods up into sensible blocks at the moment...

DanRowan

What I would give to be able to use this mod with superior crafting!

skullywag

Ok that took a while, ive split this up into what I think is a sensible set of submods, the OP still has the link to all of it if you want it. Ive also added shaped charges and nonlethals as separate downloads. Ima go sleep now....Let me know if i messed anything up....its possible I have, it was very confusing.

BiggyLew

Hi Skully, loving the pack so far.

Just having one issue. I see that Personal Shields are able to be crafted at the tailor's workbench but I'm unable to craft them. I have a colonist with 15 crafting, as well as quite a lot of plasteel, silver, steel and gold available.

Is this a known issue?

skullywag

yeah the recipes are a little dodgy due to the stuff system, hard to work out recipes currently.  The recipe for these is:

<costStuffCount>150</costStuffCount>
<stuffCategories>
  <li>Metallic</li>
</stuffCategories>
<costList>
  <Uranium>20</Uranium>
  <Gold>20</Gold>
</costList>

so Uranium is what you are missing. Not sure how to deal with recipes like this I could just hard code all the values and have no "stuff" parts....ill have a think.

Zapp Brannigan

Love the idea behind a lot of these mods, however there are a few that I have no idea what they do. OmniFactions, OmniMedical, OmniEvents, what are they and what do they change/effect? Obvious answer is that they effect Factions, Medical, and Events, but in what way and how drastically? I'm hesitant to add them in the event that I don't like them and am forced to start yet another colony because of a incompatible or disliked mod.

daveboy2000

Hey, is there a way to download the turret mod seperately, or?