Conduit Walls?

Started by Llez, April 15, 2015, 03:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Llez

Maybe I've missed something but I cant seem to build/research conduit walls, solid materials only. This is making me feel very stupid since its probably something super obvious I just missed.  :o

RickyMartini

I think they don't exist anymore but I'm not sure.

Edit: And conduits can be placed freely anyway so the result is the same.

skullywag

conduits can be placed under walls, conduit walls are now pointless.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Llez

Aha, so thats the change. Thank you! I was very confused/concerned since that wasnt the case before....I think.

Matthiasagreen

the change that allowed conduits to be placed under walls happened when alpha 9 came out, i believe.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Llez

I completely missed that. I guess since conduit walls still existed in A9 I just never caught it. So I was being stupid  :P

KillTyrant

I noticed you could place conduits under walls last patch but at the cost of beauty. i have played a10 yet but i wondee if that issue was resolved.

Dr. Z

You can, but it would be much faster to place them along with the walls I think and require less micromanagement. You really think this is WAD? ???
Prasie the Squirrel!

Llez

I understand the change, it was kind of annoying when [and i had this happen a few times] you go to set up a room and whoops i used solid walls instead. Now i have to spend time deconstructing the whole thing and rebuild it. Now its just build wall, want power? add power. It makes sense and frankly I like this way better now that im aware of it.

Dr. Z

Why would yu deconstruct it? You could just place the conduits under the walls anyway. But now you HAVE to do this in two steps, which shortens you options.
Prasie the Squirrel!

M

I agree with Z, more options better than less.
The two buildings should just have different building time and even more if you already have conduits on ground and have to build a conduit wall (because you should have to decostruct the ground conduit and place it in the wall).

UMK

Occam's razor in action. You don't need them. And you can mod them back.

Llez

Quote from: Dr. Z on April 16, 2015, 07:37:20 AM
Why would yu deconstruct it? You could just place the conduits under the walls anyway. But now you HAVE to do this in two steps, which shortens you options.

I was unaware of that change though, and it wasn't always like that, was my point.

Sirinox

Conduits under walls break after turret or grenade explosion, while conduits in walls just get damaged. I'm sure it's the reason to have conduit walls behind turrets. Of course you still able to protect conduits with additional wall, but in cost of materials, place and sometimes beauty.
It also affected beauty stats in alpha9 - conduits built over walls decreased beauty, while conduits hidden inside did not - makes sense for me. It also gave you options - you can make fast connection in cost of safety and beauty or rebuild walls in cost of time.

It can be modded back though, but I just think conduit walls deserve to be there by default because of foresaid reasons.

TLHeart

Quote from: Sirinox on April 25, 2015, 02:35:11 PM
Conduits under walls break after turret or grenade explosion, while conduits in walls just get damaged. I'm sure it's the reason to have conduit walls behind turrets. Of course you still able to protect conduits with additional wall, but in cost of materials, place and sometimes beauty.
It also affected beauty stats in alpha9 - conduits built over walls decreased beauty, while conduits hidden inside did not - makes sense for me. It also gave you options - you can make fast connection in cost of safety and beauty or rebuild walls in cost of time.

It can be modded back though, but I just think conduit walls deserve to be there by default because of foresaid reasons.

alpha 10, conduit built under the walls do not affect beauty. conduit on the floor gives a negative beauty.