My Brain Hurts :(

Started by woolfoma, April 15, 2015, 07:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woolfoma

Why, just why is this a thing, and how did it become a thing, how is this even possible...
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...

It seems many of the Centipedes in the area have been driven insane.

Wolfen Waffle

Because some planets orbit their sun quicker than others, biological age and chronological age don't match that of Earth.

Biological age is what you should consider their 'normal' age
while chronological is the activity of their home planet since they've been on it

woolfoma

Quote from: Wolfen Waffle on April 15, 2015, 07:53:45 PM
Because some planets orbit their sun quicker than others, biological age and chronological age don't match that of Earth.

while chronological is the activity of their home planet since they've been on it
uh, chronological age is how much time would have past on a watch they were wearing while biological age is how much their body has been in an aging state (as in, not frozen like a popsicle). so my brain still hurts.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...

hunter2012

he spent exactly one year in crypto sleep on like a ship so his world of origin must be really close to thr 'rim' world he crashed on

woolfoma

Quote from: hunter2012 on April 15, 2015, 08:04:09 PM
he spent exactly one year in crypto sleep on like a ship so his world of origin must be really close to thr 'rim' world he crashed on
inverse, he spent -1 years in crypto sleep, he is older biologically than chronologically.

Tynan

Whoops! Was this Alpha 10?
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Quasarrgames

Transcendant time travel, man! They abducted him and sent him a year back in time!
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

Silvador

He has come back from Alpha 11 to warn us of future bugs!

Kegereneku

I have this sudden urge of making "Time travel" one of my Ending suggestion.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

SpaceDrunk

Quote from: Tynan on April 15, 2015, 10:11:50 PM
Whoops! Was this Alpha 10?

I actually noticed the same thing with a pawn back when you first introduced chrono/bio ages in A9. Obviously a bug, though there could be explanations in a sci-fi setting for the discrepancy, such as somebody being a force-grown clone who's aged to maturity in a short span of time. I think I've seen a few pawns with 'vatgrown' backgrounds here and there: perhaps instead of fixing the bug outright, you could make it a common attribute for them?

woolfoma

Wolfen Waffle

Quote from: woolfoma on April 15, 2015, 07:56:18 PM
Quote from: Wolfen Waffle on April 15, 2015, 07:53:45 PM

uh, chronological age is how much time would have past on a watch they were wearing while biological age is how much their body has been in an aging state (as in, not frozen like a popsicle). so my brain still hurts.

Oh... well I guessed I missed the whole point of the screenshot...
Now I just feel dumb...

REMworlder

When you're 20 and get a liver transplant from that 70 year old raider, your average biological age goes up a bit!