Making item quality effect its max health?

Started by Woyzeck, April 15, 2015, 09:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woyzeck

Anyone else tried doing this?

I added this to Stats_Weapons_Ranged and Stats_Apparel:

Quote<StatDef>
    <defName>MaxHealth</defName>
    <label>max health</label>
    <description>The maximum health of an object.</description>
    <category>Weapon</category>
    <parts>
      <li Class="StatPart_Quality">
        <factorAwful>0.60</factorAwful>
        <factorShoddy>0.80</factorShoddy>
        <factorPoor>0.90</factorPoor>
        <factorNormal>1</factorNormal>
        <factorGood>1.10</factorGood>
        <factorSuperior>1.20</factorSuperior>
        <factorExcellent>1.40</factorExcellent>
        <factorMasterwork>1.80</factorMasterwork>
        <factorLegendary>2.60</factorLegendary>
      </li>
    </parts>
  </StatDef>

Upside, it does indeed work to modify the max health of individual Things in-game.

The downside is that they still spawn within the range of their default health - i.e. if a type of gun has 100 MaxHealth in Weapons_Guns, a Legendary example will spawn with 100/260 health, tops. And an Awful example of the same gun can still spawn at 100/60.

Is there something other than "MaxHealth" I should be using in the defName?

BBream

In my experience, you should apply this value yourself.

This code bring stat value and apply it.

public override void SpawnSetup()
{
       base.SpawnSetup();
       maxItem = (int)this.GetStatValue(DefDatabase<StatDef>.GetNamed("BackpackMaxItem"));
}

So if you want to set max health, then code like this:
but it is not tested!

public override void SpawnSetup()
{
       base.SpawnSetup();
this.def.statBases.Find((StatModifier statModifier) => (statModifier.stat == StatDefOf.MaxHitPoints && )).value = this.GetStatValue(StatDefOf.MaxHitPoints);
}

OH! I misunderstand...
In Core/Defs/StatDefs/Stats_Basics_General.xml
you can find this code:

<StatDef>
    <defName>MaxHitPoints</defName>
    <label>max hit points</label>
    <description>The maximum hit points of an object. This represents how much damage it can take before being destroyed.</description>
    <category>BasicsNonPawn</category>
    <defaultBaseValue>100</defaultBaseValue>
    <minValue>1</minValue>
    <roundValue>true</roundValue>
    <toStringStyle>FloatZero</toStringStyle>
    <roundToFiveOver>200</roundToFiveOver>
  </StatDef>

Add your definition this line with new value. This will not affect already spawned item. But it is still constant. Item that has no hitpoint value cannot assign different value.

<defaultBaseValue>100</defaultBaseValue>

mrofa

Wont this method change max health for every item that have this def name in entire game session(untill you restart the game client) ?
All i do is clutter all around.

BBream

Quote from: mrofa on April 18, 2015, 10:44:31 AM
Wont this method change max health for every item that have this def name in entire game session(untill you restart the game client) ?

Yes, It will. Every item will be changed max health after loading game because this dll code will be placed in each items class.

mrofa

It might be my bad since i see you use statmodifier insted of statbase. So my earlier statement with a bit more explaning as a question ;p

If i do research that activate your code in game1, but then i load diffrent game save that dont have this research, will thsi code still be active ?

I did use statbase but they have the problem of being persistant, untill i restart the game client, so each game a load in current session of client, even without the reseaerch did have thier stat changed as if research was done.

This behaviour will happen when modding any game.  That is, modifying core game data vs game session data.

Mods which want to do this sort of thing would need to also check that when the research *isn't* done that it needs to reset the value back to it's core value.  This way while the change will persist between saves, the newly loaded save will *reset* it until it should set it's modified value.

Basically just add an else case to your "if( myResearchDone )" which set's it back to the core value.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

mrofa

It's creating an object instance in the game session, not a core object def in the game dictionary.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.